House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eek

A Truely Bad Luxury Flat

Guest Guy_Montag

what is the obsession with en-suite bathrooms - no matter how small the flat.

http://www.pattinson.co.uk/Public/content/...-Sale/43120.htm

why on earth would you spend over £50,000 on a flat where the roof cuts into every room?

Who cares what the price is - prices are no longer relevant - it's monthly repayments that count. Interest rates will be permanently low for the next 35 years so why not opt for a 35 year mortgage instead of 25 to bring your repayments down even further. Who cares how much you pay over those years! If you're worried about rates going up, go for a 10 year fixed, and as long as you don't plan to move in that time you're laughing. Better buy it now before it flies off the shelf like a hot cake and you miss the boat forever. There's never been a better time to buy and you know prices only ever go up and renting is dead money. Plus, new research from the Halifax shows that 95% of people who rent have very low IQs.

reminds me of the crooked house in southports funland. (its near the cresta run).

i would like to see a version of that laser shooting game. the ones in a long line which you put 50p in and use a clumsy light gun to shoot buckets. tin cans and the old toilet outhouse, which if you hit it -opens up to reveal TTRTT with his long johns trap door open sh1tting out £50 note bundles.

Looks like something out of The Cabinet of Dr Caligari. The price would give you sleep disorders too.

While we're speaking of fictional Drs, if Dr Mabuse was born in modern times, would he have been an EA?

Billy Shears

Even though you get free heat from the downstairs flats, the roofspace, should really be used as space for laying heat insulation.

The conversion is really bad for conservating heat, and so you'll probably see your neighbours heating bills "go through the roof" literally.

Despite the nice building and grounds, the flat is truly overpriced for what it is.

what is the obsession with en-suite bathrooms - no matter how small the flat.

I enjoy the walk to the bathroom, the further the way the odours the better. ;)

I moved out of a place in Nottingham like this last month. A 'penthouse flat' with two bedrooms in the roof (read: four flights of stairs and no lift); the smaller bedroom had insufficient height for hanging clothes once a double bed was in. All because they wanted an en-suite shower and toilet in the main bedroom, as well as a bathroom upstairs (which did not have height over the bath for a proper shower due to the roof slope - so you were supposed to sit in the bath holding the shower head).

Luxury! After my 30s 3 bed semi (with about 130% more area), I felt like a proper maharaja.

Edited by tahoma

I moved out of a place in Nottingham like this last month. A 'penthouse flat' with two bedrooms in the roof (read: four flights of stairs and no lift); the smaller bedroom had insufficient height for hanging clothes once a double bed was in. All because they wanted an en-suite shower and toilet in the main bedroom, as well as a bathroom upstairs (which did not have height over the bath for a proper shower due to the roof slope - so you were supposed to sit in the bath holding the shower head).

Luxury! After my 30s 3 bed semi (with about 130% more area), I felt like a proper maharaja.

midget shower