House Price Crash Forum
ca-uk

Rightmove: "we've Found New Property For You To Buy!"

Just had my nightly "We've found new property for you to buy!" email through from rightmove.

Interesting how only 3 out of the 25 in the email are actually new today - the other 22 have all been up for about a year now. Guess they are just trying to stimulate interest.

Currently there are about 2 or 3 new properties a day - few are selling, and those that do are the ones that need nothing doing to them.

Interestingly a few of them are 1 year old, but still going/advertised for more than was paid for them - how long does it take for a newish house to lose the new build premium?

This is all a village 8 miles north of portsmouth.

Ho hum.

So not a conspiracy, as they probably do it even when times are good, but interesting nonetheless.

STALE property doesnt sell well, this sounds like desperation

I have seen quite a few properties that have been around for a while being relisted in the last couple of weeks with £5-10Kadded to the price. That will be the why they are not selling - the price is too low.

I have seen quite a few properties that have been around for a while being relisted in the last couple of weeks with £5-10Kadded to the price. That will be the why they are not selling - the price is too low.

As my paranoid thought for the day I'll suggest that EAs may be working to keep hold of properties on their books. If the property just sits there then the vendor may get annoyed with the EAs and go elsewhere. If however the EAs come back and say "we haven't managed to sell your flat, but guess what? it's worth 5-10K more than it was before, the vendor might feel happy and stay.

Billy Shears

As my paranoid thought for the day I'll suggest that EAs may be working to keep hold of properties on their books. If the property just sits there then the vendor may get annoyed with the EAs and go elsewhere. If however the EAs come back and say "we haven't managed to sell your flat, but guess what? it's worth 5-10K more than it was before, the vendor might feel happy and stay.

Billy Shears

An EA achieves nothing by having property on their books if it's never going to sell. Eventually EAs will try and get prices lowered, at the end of the day a house selling for £200k is a lot better than one that dosen't sell for £250k. The problem is after the EA has inflated expectations to get the property placed with them in the first place, lowering those expecations again is pretty tough work.

An EA achieves nothing by having property on their books if it's never going to sell. Eventually EAs will try and get prices lowered, at the end of the day a house selling for £200k is a lot better than one that dosen't sell for £250k. The problem is after the EA has inflated expectations to get the property placed with them in the first place, lowering those expecations again is pretty tough work.

the overpriced have become the stale crust that nobody wants to touch

Just had my nightly "We've found new property for you to buy!" email through from rightmove.

Interesting how only 3 out of the 25 in the email are actually new today - the other 22 have all been up for about a year now. Guess they are just trying to stimulate interest.

Yes, I noticed exactly the same thing in Cambridge today!

I use this feature, it's great. I get the e-mails that just get automatically filed in some folders with several email address. When I do look at houses every month or so, I search that folder for the reference to see what it came on the market for! The problem is Rightmove only mention 5 properties per email...

Edited by Jason

The best case of this I've seen is here:

http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?ag...prop&pid=285199

It was on for 155K, but didn't sell so they increased the price ;)

Whats even more funny is that I've been inside & had a look around.

It screemed 55K NE straight away to me.

He might get it to sell for 100K, but frankly I wouldn't buy it even for that

Yes, but if they don't have the property on the books, they can't make profit on it. If the property is on the books, then at least there's a chance of them making profit on it. But then that assumes that the EAs are action in a rational manner. They could just be doing what it takes to keep property on the books without thinking clearly about what they will then do with it.

Though I was not serious with my original suggestion.

Billy Shears

Nothing stops me from buying something from buying more then too low price..

It is an economic impossibility for prices not to come down.

:)