House Price Crash Forum

From Metro (Manchester version) Friday 10th March 2006

Didn't see this in the newspapers??

"The body of a missing schoolgirl may have been turned into burgers and kebabs and served up at a seaside fast food outlet.

Police fear the remains of 14 year old Charlene Downes, who went missing in November 2003, may also have been ground up into tile grout.

Iyad Albattikhi, 28, who ran the Funny Boyz takeaway in Blackpool, is charged with her murder.

The co-owner of the business Mohammed Raveshi, a 49 year old former social services worker and foster father, is charged with assisting in the disposal of her body.

The men appeared at a hearing at Blackpool maistrates court yesterday.

The teenager whose body has never been found left home on Halloween saying she was meeting friends on Blackpool's North Pier.

It was initially thought Charlene, a pupil at St George's Church of England High School, had run away.

Appeals for her to come forward were subsequently posted in missing persons' columns.

However six months after her disappearance police searched freezers at three Blackpool curry houses looking for her remains.

During the investigation some 3000 men were DNA tested and a TV appeal for information was broadcast on the BBC's Crimewatch show.

Darren Day, Charlene's favourite West End performer, even made a plea for help in finding her.

During the ten minute hearing yesterday the two accused, who were flanked in the secure dock by four security officers, spoke only to confirm their names and ages and to state that they understood the charges against them. Neither of the defendant's lawyers applied for bail."

It seems staggering to me how little coverage this has got!!!

Do a google news on it and you get 2 items?

Its even worse than the sweeny todd story, yet there seems to be no coverage, its incredible.

Why is this?

Guest Winners and Losers

Who cares if a girl got killed and eaten as fast food - DON'T YOU KNOW HOUSE PRICES ROSE THIS MONTH!! Get your priorities right.

Dunno if this girl was a chav or anything but if this story is for real...and i haven't heard about it yet, then some comments are a bit out of order.

I know the HPC thing is getting a bit boring but FFS!

I admit I may have giggled at a few Chinese cockle picker jokes here n there that became fish food but this is a 14 yr old girl turned into a fu@kin kebab.

Are there not are perhaps limits even to sick humor?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Do a google news on it and you get 2 items?

Its even worse than the sweeny todd story, yet there seems to be no coverage, its incredible.

Why is this?

Mike Baldwin popping his clogs in Corrie seems to garnering plenty of coverage.

This may something about the state of the UK today. Or maybe not.

Guest Winners and Losers

You'll find it's OK after a few pints...

Or a bottle of wine.

i know the takeaway infact ive been in it

but this story is false

for one thing i aint heard about itr and live in blackpool

for another these 2 men are in the blackpool citizen newspaper today, and the crime the committed.

the opened hours longer than there permet allowed.and there license is coming up for renewal, so erm why would that be in the local paper today ehhhh? seems the metro better be writing a appoligy fast.

by the way funny boyz is a take on funny girls the bar/club run by transvestities in blackpool its in the gay area of town just by the bus station, near the flying handbag nightclub that burnt down yesterday ie most of there buisness would have come from there.

EDIT: Hey I wrote c u @ t and it replaced it with twit? V clever.

EDIT2: PS appologies if offends anyone.

EDIT3: Sod it...don't want anymore bad karma.....

Edited by Anti_Claus