House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzMosiz

Cleardebt Grp

Been keeping an eye on these for a while - nothing really happening yet. Anyone else been watching them. Any hints or tips?

I'm expecting this topic to die a death!

This comment was taken from CLEA.L discussion forum at iii.co.uk

I do not know if you are aware that this company is a result of reverse takeover. Initially this company was selling textile products for Manchester United Football Club and floated on the market in 1998 at 25p a share. The share price never went above 25p. I purchased this stock since its floatation and have sold some of it and of course at a loss. Dividend of 1.25p was paid in year 1999, 2000, 2001 & 2002. No dividends are paid since. I think the textile business was sold and the shell company was retained by David Mond who changed the name from Downtex to Carrwood Plc. Cleardebt is a result of reverse takeover and Carrwood Plc changed its name to ClearDebt Plc. Downtex Plc. was owned by a number of Chartered Accountants and the same bunch or some of them are now directors of Cleardebt Plc.

Been keeping an eye on these for a while - nothing really happening yet. Anyone else been watching them. Any hints or tips?

I'm expecting this topic to die a death!

The spread on these shares is horrendous. I think it was a 4p buy, 2.5p sell and a 3p price, so they'll have to move significantly for profit. I own a very small amount, which I'm not too unhappy to lose, as I think debt management companies will have to try VERY hard not to make money. Their website is good and may appeal to those consumers who are too embarrased to pick up the phone, or visit the web first (students?) to get information.

I think DFD and DEBT are better bets, hence my larger debt sector bets are placed there.

I don't really understand what the large spread indicates, I assume the market makers just don't like them. I'd love for someone to explain how this works?

See http://www.hoodlessbrennan.com/CMS_FileCac...LE004_278_1.pdf

and note that they own 7% so their "highly speculative" buy maybe should read "highly biased"?

I think DFD and DEBT are better bets, hence my larger debt sector bets are placed there.

I've held DEBT and looked at DFD - big movers for both in the last few days. Any idea if there is

room for further growth in the stock price?

They've tended to average around 250 and 350 respectively until last couple of days.

I've held DEBT and looked at DFD - big movers for both in the last few days. Any idea if there is

room for further growth in the stock price?

They've tended to average around 250 and 350 respectively until last couple of days.

Sorry, I'm not a chartist or an analyst, more a p*ss artist. I go by general economic conditions and really invest for the longer term. I am also very new to investing in stocks.

I was lucky enough to stick £3k in DEBT just days before a 60% rise happened, and then cashed out 3k which is in gold now. If only my other stocks moved like that! I plan to hold the rest as I believe the sector will do well, regardless of day to day, sentiment.

I think there is room for growth, yes, as I think the insolvency mountain is yet to be climbed. It just makes sense to me that with all that untapped resource out there (consumer debt), their volumes and profits will soar. There has to be a good 12 month growth period IMO. But that IS just my opinion. After the stock market crash, I'll probably be using DFD's services as well! (nah, I'm 20% invested in stocks as I'm extremely worried about that 6000 point mark!)

I bought DFD a few weeks ago and its up about 10% already. I dont see them as a good solid company so they must have an element of risk but I feel they could do well over the next year or so. Not a long term hold but worth betting a few k on short term IMO.