House Price Crash Forum
Golden Shower

You Can Still Afford To Buy

Look, this is the solution;

IPad

:huh:

30 sqm is the minimum that is habitable.

Note that they give the dimensions in mm.....you know its small.

Still its a hell of a lot better than the 9sqm place that was posted a few months ago....reduced from £100k down to £90k or something!

How much do they want for these places?

30 sqm is the minimum that is habitable.

Note that they give the dimensions in mm.....you know its small.

Still its a hell of a lot better than the 9sqm place that was posted a few months ago....reduced from £100k down to £90k or something!

How much do they want for these places?

God knows, I just imagine it would be a nightmare living in one of these things. IMO, buying one of these at this stage is not a good defensive play.

I've just looked at the floor plan for the two bed.

Does such a tiny flat really need an en suite bathroom? Designed for sharers (either rent or purchase) from the get-go?

Billy Shears

I've just looked at the floor plan for the two bed.

Does such a tiny flat really need an en suite bathroom? Designed for sharers (either rent or purchase) from the get-go?

Billy Shears

Obviously one salary will not be enough to pay the mortgage. Sounds like a good deal to me!

For 1 bed starter flats these places don't seem too bad at all. The price will be the important thing, but a lot of people care more about the location of where they live than the actual size of the place they are living in. These seem like a relativly sensible idea to me.

I heard somewhere they would sell for around £110k in London. On a salary of £25k they are thus affordable.

For 1 bed starter flats these places don't seem too bad at all. The price will be the important thing, but a lot of people care more about the location of where they live than the actual size of the place they are living in. These seem like a relativly sensible idea to me.

They look like the low-rise slums of the future to me. The 'joke' is the incredibly lame lifestyle marketing which (no doubt) some people will fall for. Like Fred says though, what are these cheapest-of-the-cheap crapper-than-council-flats going to seem like in 5+ years, and who'll your neighbours be?

I heard somewhere they would sell for around £110k in London.

Any links? That sounds absurdly cheap for London when 1960's 2 bed ex-council flats are selling for more than £250K.

They look like the low-rise slums of the future to me. The 'joke' is the incredibly lame lifestyle marketing which (no doubt) some people will fall for. Like Fred says though, what are these cheapest-of-the-cheap crapper-than-council-flats going to seem like in 5+ years, and who'll your neighbours be?

My guess is other recent university graduates or new graduate jobs. Seems to be who they are marketed at as well.

Any links? That sounds absurdly cheap for London when 1960's 2 bed ex-council flats are selling for more than £250K.

I don't. I read it in that London evening newspaper whose name I can't remember right now on a trip up to London (to find a room to rent!) yesterday.

I know very little of London property, just anecdotes from friends who live and work there. Scary thing is, if they built those in a half decent area and put them on for 100k or whatever, I honestly think they would sell them.

I think you'd really have to be desperate to buy one of these in Barnsley.

Surely these sort of flats would be more suitable for those massive towers which they are supposed to be building in central London! People wouldn't mind being packed in like sardines there.

I heard somewhere they would sell for around £110k in London. On a salary of £25k they are thus affordable.

They will not sell for anything like £110K in London. They are bigger than studio flats and in most parts of London you'd be paying £160K+ for one of those

They aren't that clever, they are simply small 1-bed flats dressed up with a bit of marketing and given a name to appeal to young people to convince them they are something special and clever and therefore sell them

I know very little of London property, just anecdotes from friends who live and work there. Scary thing is, if they built those in a half decent area and put them on for 100k or whatever, I honestly think they would sell them.

I think there has beens some confusion. They were reported to be selling for around £110K in Middlesborough, not London

To be honest I don't see what the big deal is about - most of the 1BR's in my area are about the same size as this, give or take a few inches.

To be honest I don't see what the big deal is about - most of the 1BR's in my area are about the same size as this, give or take a few inches.

With flats of that size, a few inches makes a lot of difference.

Billy Shears