House Price Crash Forum
US Investments

Your Thoughts On Florida Ans Us Property?

Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum and was just wondering, where have all the investors gone? I am in realestate in Florida and have noticed a dramatic change in the overseas inlfluence here. It seems as if many investors are pulling out. Has there been a lot of bad press on US investments there lately?

I look forward to hearing from everyone. Thank you

Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum and was just wondering, where have all the investors gone? I am in realestate in Florida and have noticed a dramatic change in the overseas inlfluence here. It seems as if many investors are pulling out. Has there been a lot of bad press on US investments there lately?

Welcome

Rational competent investors seek markets where sentiment is poor and prices undervalued to reflect this.

Tail - end - Charlies go for mature markets where significant price inflation has already taken place because they mistakenly beleive 'if prices have already rapidly inflated, they will continue to do so because errrrrrrrr thats just the way it is'. Tail - end - Charlies will therefore still invest in the UK, USA and Spain.

True investors on the other hand have gone to new markets in search of far far higher potential growth. Germany, Malta, Estonia to mention a few.

In fact on my investment trips to Berlin (German one, not US) I bumped into quite a few US investors as well as hoardes of Irish and some English.

Many investment funds are piling into German for example 'Dawnay Day Treveria PLC' has just listed on the London exchange. A host of other funds have launched but all been massively oversubscribed - mmmmmmmm wonder why?

So the USA has had its main spurt of capital growth. The US / UK wont become rational investment unless a price crash occurs AS HAS HAPPENED IN GERMANY IN LAST 10 YEARS.

Note Im am looking at another German apprtment that is a Bank repo. I think Ill get if under £50000. The current sellers paid £145000 7 years ago.

Hello Everyone

You need to find a poster called TTRTR. He'll probably explain it thus -

"The simple reason that nobody is investing in US property is that we are on the brink of a surging, throbbing, stiffening, firming, rising property splurge right here in the good ol' U of K and I want to be on top of it." © TTRTR

*Edit for spelling*

Edited by needle

Uk, Aussie, NZ investors are buying up in Buffalo, Rochester and Texas where they can still get a good yield. These areas are also according to teh dmographia study very affordable wheeras Florida is not reccomended as it is callssified as unaffordable.