House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mart

Prices Blanked Out

Went home last weekend to Leyland, Lancs and passed Moving Places the estate agent. I peered through the window to check the prices out and noticed they'd removed all the prices from every single property. Not one had a price on. Looked a little closer and some of the presumably older instructions had had the prices (once in proud bold type) neatly covered by white card sellotaped over but if you looked hard enough you could still see the faint outline of the 6 figures asked for the terraced houses etc, newer ones no need for tampering as they hadn't put anything on.

What I'm getting at here is that I remember my Dad once saying about Rolls Royces - 'if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford one', who are Moving Places trying to kid ?

Went home last weekend to Leyland, Lancs and passed Moving Places the estate agent. I peered through the window to check the prices out and noticed they'd removed all the prices from every single property. Not one had a price on. Looked a little closer and some of the presumably older instructions had had the prices (once in proud bold type) neatly covered by white card sellotaped over but if you looked hard enough you could still see the faint outline of the 6 figures asked for the terraced houses etc, newer ones no need for tampering as they hadn't put anything on.

What I'm getting at here is that I remember my Dad once saying about Rolls Royces - 'if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford one', who are Moving Places trying to kid ?

They don't bother putting the prices on - they're going up every day. They'd be in the window all the time like tailor's dummies. Quite appropriate really.

They don't bother putting the prices on - they're going up every day. They'd be in the window all the time like tailor's dummies. Quite appropriate really.

2,000 posts ;)

2,000 posts ;)

SENSE OF HUMOUR FAILURE ALERT!!!!!!!!

4 of the agents in my local town now have a device called a wealthometer in them. Every morning the lads have a meeting and decide how much houses are going to go up that day. The wealthometer is connected to electronic displays in the window that automatically increment the price of the house up (the wealthometer cannot move down) throughout the day.

This has resulted in a stampede of buyers every morning.

Edited by Marina

SENSE OF HUMOUR FAILURE ALERT!!!!!!!!

4 of the agents in my local town now have a device called a wealthometer in them. Every morning the lads have a meeting and decide how much houses are going to go up that day. The wealthometer is connected to electronic displays in the window that automatically increment the price of the house up (the wealthometer cannot move down) throughout the day.

This has resulted in a stampede of buyers every morning.

In my local area there are 900 price reductions per week at the moment, and about 60 price increases (data from RightMove).

Are we living on different planets?

In my local area there are 900 price reductions per week at the moment, and about 60 price increases (data from RightMove).

Are we living on different planets?

Please, don't make me answer that.

They don't bother putting the prices on - they're going up every day.

Yup, that's why they invented barcodes in the 70's, they got sick of reticketing everything. Maybe they will barcode properties?

barcode.jpg

post-2525-1143673623.jpg

Edited by BuyingBear

Please, don't make me answer that.

:lol: - doesn't really answer the point though, I'm just surprised at how differently the property market can be behaving in 2 different parts of the country.