Oil cost more today than it did during the last time petrol was headliine news

Oil price

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/fds/hi/...welve_month.stm

£/$

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/fds/hi/...welve_month.stm

price of oil in £ at sep 05 $ peak = 68.00/1.840 = £36.95

price of oil in £ today = 64.50/1.734 = £37.20

panic at the pumps of london, panic at the pumps of birmingham.............. :D

I've been watching the oil price for the last 5 weeks and I reckon inflation will shoot up to around 2.4% on reflection. I don't understand why nobody else is news of this, perhaps people just get used to it.

However the numbers don't lie and with the pound weaker due to US interest rate policy and oil just 5% or so below its highest ever value UKinflation must be effected.

Somethings going to give in the UK.

The media is generally rubbish at reporting energy. Oil won't be mentioned again until it reaches a new dollar record.

EDIT: In fact I think today might have been a UK pound record - does anyone have a link to daily oil prices and exchange rates over the last year to so...

Edited by clv101

Yep, should soon see unleaded back at quid/litre.

As I understand it the oil price usually starts to go up at this point of the year as we head into the American driving season. Then we head into hurricane season.....

On a personal note, my junior oil shares have made me a bundle this year. I can't change the global oil price - might as well make a few quid out of it :P

I've been watching the oil price for the last 5 weeks and I reckon inflation will shoot up to around 2.4% on reflection. I don't understand why nobody else is news of this, perhaps people just get used to it.

However the numbers don't lie and with the pound weaker due to US interest rate policy and oil just 5% or so below its highest ever value UKinflation must be effected.

Somethings going to give in the UK.

As Jim Puplava might say, most people are 'stuck on stupid'.

You might like this interview:- http://netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2006-0311-2.rm