House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddyboy

We Are Being Too Hard On Estate Agents

City estate agent hits back after BBC programme

THE managing director of a city estate agents has spoken out in defence of the industry following a BBC One exposé.

Brandon Weston, of Premier Places, contacted the Worcester News after watching Whistleblower this week.

Undercover reporters highlighted shocking evidence of dodgy deals by some unscrupulous agents in Tuesday's programme.

From offering fake documents and inventing offers to taking backhanders, it exposed the most corrupt of practices.

Mr Weston said: "It is unfortunate that the behaviour of a few `dodgy agents' means that all the honest, trustworthy, professional companies across the country all get tarred with the same brush.

"On the whole, estate agency is a very honest and professional industry".

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im sorry all is forgiven. I challenge Whistleblower to go under cover and see an HONEST ESTATE AGENT who does not want you to sell your kids to buy their property!!!! MISSION IMPOSSIBLE!

FULL STORY:

http://www.thisisworcester.co.uk/worcester...WS_LATEST4.html

Edited by teddyboy

Anyone who's dealt with estate agents in the past is well aware of how honest and professional they are.

Consider this though - what would the typical EA be doing otherwise? Selling crack to school kids?

Maybe soceity needs EA as a profession to keep the less-scrupulous types off the streets and out of trouble.

Anyone who's dealt with estate agents in the past is well aware of how honest and professional they are.

Consider this though - what would the typical EA be doing otherwise? Selling crack to school kids?

Maybe soceity needs EA as a profession to keep the less-scrupulous types off the streets and out of trouble.

ROFLMAO :lol:

Estate agents R.I.P.

Thought you might be interested to read Foxton's reply to my email after the BBC program, got their reply today :P

Thank you for your email.

Foxtons Limited and Alexander Hall Limited pride themselves on the professionalism and transparency of their business. Foxtons was established 25 years ago and has grown into the most successful estate agency business in London due to its professionalism, understanding of its clients' requirements and its unrivalled ability to meet its clients’ needs. Foxtons is justifiably proud of its reputation for obtaining the highest possible prices for its clients (Sellers and Landlords). Like any good service business, it has the utmost respect for the need of its client and will always act in the client’s best interest.

Foxtons has over one thousand employees and has in place a rigorous training process, during which its employees are told repeatedly of their statutory and contractual duties, and the high standards expected of them.

Whilst Foxtons is currently of the view that the allegations raised in this programme and trailed in the press have been portrayed out of context, without a clear understanding of estate agency law and who the client is, it is nevertheless investigating the allegations as a matter of urgency. Foxtons notes however that most of the individuals featured in the programme left Foxtons prior to the company being made aware of their regrettable activities.

Foxtons has asked the BBC for all of the unedited undercover footage taken for the programme in order to assist them with their internal investigation and will take disciplinary action against any employees who are found to have acted inappropriately.

We wish you all the best with the rental of your property.

Regards

Melanie Scott-Power

Foxtons

New Business

Department Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: 21 March 2006 23:22

To: FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; NewHomes@foxtons.co.uk; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail; FOEmail

Subject:

This is exactly why I requested not to be advertised with lettings through your agency few days ago, and even after I told you how bad reputation I found out Foxtons had, you were still reassuring me telling me you were highly moral company. Shame of you, every single one you ! How possibly you never thought that your children, parents, brides could be the victim by someone just like you !

Professional? They wouldn't understand the word if it bit them on the ar$e, 'professionals' are specially trained, qualified and then certified by a professional body.

Anybody can become an Estate Agent, you don't need to be trained or qualified by anybody, I could borrow a monkey from London Zoo and make him an agent this afternoon, there is nothing 'professional' about it, unless they mean a 'professional lair' or 'professional fraudster' I suppose. The majority of them don't even know what the NAEA is.

Bali%20The%20Mad%20Monkey.JPG

What a bunch of mini-driving, cheap suited, junked up spivs.

Edited by BuyingBear

I got a reply from Foxton's. It was an amusing cut and paste job - different font's and colours throughout the email. Professional? My back side.

Edited by Jason

Regards

Melanie Scott-Power

Foxtons

New Business

Department Manager

Hah! Scott-Power? Surely a made up name. Look through the telephone directory and see how many "Scott-Powers" you can find. If she is real then she ought to examine the utter pretention of her bogus double barrelled surname.

By the way my real name is Leonard Trumpington-Smythe and that gives me extra kudos (not).

VP