House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

One For The Girls, Libitina I Think

Landlord Mortgages have revealed female landlords account for a quarter of the buy-to-let (BTL) landlord market.

Since the start of 2006, women have bought over 24% of all buy-to-let property sold which is a significant increase over previous years - 20% (2005), 22% (2004) and 21% (2003).

The research also revealed that landladies, who took out 44,760 buy-to-let mortgages last year, were more cautious than their male counterparts, putting down a larger deposit (female: 24% - male: 20%) and therefore reducing their monthly payments.

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...1554&cat=44-0-0

I don't think women are as ruthless in this kinda business, and it is Male dominated. The marketing strategy for BTL's is for men and after the main herd is cashed out (or aware of the non-profits now) who do the foxes seek. Well kids if they could but it has to be women.

I guess this HPC thing could effect the late comers or the late comers could at the least postpone things. I think the latecomers to the BTL market may get stung.

It's good when things are on an upward self fuelled cycle - money creation and wealth rule.

With a credit crunch possibility with the BoJ etc. these women or any new BTL are going to get angry. When lack of 'cash' stifles our economy (as it appears to be) they are not going to get the dreams they were promised.

I guess it's always the latecomers to an ending market boom that get hurt the most.

I don't think women are as ruthless in this kinda business, and it is Male dominated. The marketing strategy for BTL's is for men and after the main herd is cashed out (or aware of the non-profits now) who do the foxes seek. Well kids if they could but it has to be women.

I guess this HPC thing could effect the late comers or the late comers could at the least postpone things. I think the latecomers to the BTL market may get stung.

It's good when things are on an upward self fuelled cycle - money creation and wealth rule.

With a credit crunch possibility with the BoJ etc. these women or any new BTL are going to get angry. When lack of 'cash' stifles our economy (as it appears to be) they are not going to get the dreams they were promised.

I guess it's always the latecomers to an ending market boom that get hurt the most.

I recollect we were all on the subject a week or so back re. Rosie Millard :P

Here`s her last effort, I luv Rosie she`s ace, in a very stupid kinda way :rolleyes:

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...articlekey=1441