House Price Crash Forum
libitina

Foreign Holidays

Do you know anyone thats booked theirs for this year yet? I only know of 2 couples that are going abroad (plus one thats just come back). Are the travel companies teetering on the brink yet?

Surely no mew = no holiday?

Edited by libitina

Do you know anyone thats booked theirs for this year yet? I only know of 2 couples that are going abroad (plus one thats just come back). Are the travel companies teetering on the brink yet?

Yes, me

My parents

My brother

My in laws

Probably all of my son's class mates

My best friend

My other best friend

Shall I go on?

Yes, me

My parents

My brother

My in laws

Probably all of my son's class mates

My best friend

My other best friend

Shall I go on?

Please do............ ;)

I've booked to go away with my girlfriend on an all-inclusive holiday to Tenerife in June - the most expensive

holiday I've ever had

"Foreign holiday" could mean anything.

Two weeks in Malta or Turkey can easily be cheaper than two weeks in the UK, possibly even if you were youth hostelling in the UK! On the other hand, two weeks on an exclusive Caribbean island is more expensive.

frugalista

Off to France for 8 weeks.

Sold house last year.

Bought motor-home with savings (not with equity from house)

Have been holidaying and temping in more or less equal measure, while my STR fund sits in shares and the bank.

Hurrah!

As we are in recession (HPC spotty oik speak) I am cutting my foreign holidays down to 4 this year. Tough times eh!! :lol:

Edited by nodumsunreader

Off to France for 8 weeks.

Sold house last year.

Bought motor-home with savings (not with equity from house)

Have been holidaying and temping in more or less equal measure, while my STR fund sits in shares and the bank.

Hurrah!

Sounds like a great idea, would like to do that myself, travel around europe in a motor-home for a while, would be a great experience. I have been told they keep their price quite well, can always sell on when you get home. Well until I organise myself will have to do with £44 return with easy jet, pay for accomodation in euros via internet. Make the most of it while it lasts I say. ;)

Guest boredwaiting

We have a long weekend in paris, 3 weeks in Bali (honeymoon) and I will take 1 week in Tarifa kitesurfing :)

4 weeks in New Zealand, July and August. Shame it's Winter there but Mrs. Mushroom's job dictates holidays.

It will also be a scouting mission to put some things in place for a permanent move there within the next 2/3 years.

Guest boredwaiting

Las Vegas -> San Francisco

and 6 weekis in sunny Chicago. in May/June.

We did a fly drive around california and loved it. San Francisco is an awesome city. Hire a bike on pier 39 - cycle across the golden gate bridge and down to sausalito, have lunch there (great ice cream and starbucks aswell) then get the ferry back... It's down hill all the way - great cycling and fantastic views.

I went to Margate yesterday. Seems to be undergoing a mini-revival as far as I can tell. Although loads of derelict b&bs etc, there were a few signs that there's investment there (some flats and the like being done up). Still out of season right enough.

Surely with less money in the piggy bank, UK holiday resorts will have a bumper couple of years? The beach is lovely there too.

Wouldn't consider a foreign holiday for the next 5 years (unless it was 6 months in India or something).

Plus an "Evening with Joan Collins" at the Winter Gardens...

4 night BB City Break in Istanbul, followed by 10 day HB beach holiday in Northern Cyprus £689 .... is that all it is :D

Metak Holidays

We've heard Northern Cyprus can be a bit grubby when compared to "plastic" holiday destinations, but we are not that keen on manufactured destinations. We prefer to taste the reality of foreign destinations, mind you that does not mean we like to rough it hotel wise, four star usually has all we need for a nice holiday.

Anybody like to comment on Northern Cyprus, and if they know it, the LA Hotel & Resort near Kyrenia

So it seems I'm in the minority then?

Is it a case of people not buying new cars etc...(Making do) but perhaps having 'one last holiday' for a year or two? Or did they pay for them last year?

As we are in recession (HPC spotty oik speak) I am cutting my foreign holidays down to 4 this year. Tough times eh!! :lol:

surprised this retard has time for holidays, what with the amount of effort he puts into spamming this forum, and obviously 'playing the pink trombone'.

Guest boredwaiting

So it seems I'm in the minority then?

Is it a case of people not buying new cars etc...(Making do) but perhaps having 'one last holiday' for a year or two? Or did they pay for them last year?

Planning on New Zealand next year....