House Price Crash Forum

My Bit For The Cause Today

HOLA441

I thought I would continue my communications with the local EA today and as I was driving up there I thought I would look at the local new development.

They interestingly have unsold some properties (STC) and so we started.

Of course I mentioned the practice as highlighted on the Foxton's documentary, with a dumb look from the pretty girl who had no idea of her job seemingly.

After looking at one of their 3 bed houses with mini furniture (which made me laugh) I asked about prices. On viewing the prices I asked if she had heard the promoting of the fact that prices are 25% overvalued a.k.a. 20% off that Nationwide, Halifax and rightmove constantly tell us. Nope was the answer.

Anyway they now know they have a willing customer at the right price, I'm prepping them you see.

Then I went to the EA's who phoned me a few weeks ago with £100K prices, they wanted me to see the mortgage adviser. I said it was pointless as 2 years ago they would let me have a mortgage at value x and I have a chunk more saved now, so more security - no problems I would hope.

They know me as a member of this highly esteemed site and started to show me the cheapest houses. I will not jump ship unless the cheapest houses are 3.5x ave local salary of (being generous) £20K.

So they are only £20K out at the moment for me. Which is the % amount Haliwide, rightmove state the market is REALLY at.

They of course know nothing of this.

But all is not lost, I feel more comfortable now, they have had their anger with me and now are talking, I don't like what they say but heh.

I believe this forum can help FTB's like myself by stating we can go in and make an offers - and it really is that simple. So as things are on the way down (prices for this area) I have no hurry and my games may soon begin.

What do people here think is the best approach. Offer them a sealed letter or let them phone my offer through. It's a no brainer really but can I give them a sealed envelope to pass on.

Are there other ways that could give me more communication, rather than leaving the EA's with bartering?

It would be good to get some sound advice here folks.

And my actions will contribute to the HPC happening or no purchase as I will be buying at post - crash price or patiently wait.

The crash will only happen with houses being sold at reduced prices, what ever happens. I'm a 20% off man at least or I'm not slightly interested.

MM