House Price Crash Forum

Dorset

HOLA441

Houses in Wimborne are taking an awful long time to sell but what I have noticed is lots of sale agreed/ sold that suddenly returns to for sale. Anyone else notied the same in this/ any other area.

Also, any prperties that have sold have been pruchased by developers to knock down and turn in flats or nasty terraced houses with courtyard gardens

HOLA442

Houses in Wimborne are taking an awful long time to sell but what I have noticed is lots of sale agreed/ sold that suddenly returns to for sale. Anyone else notied the same in this/ any other area.

Also, any prperties that have sold have been pruchased by developers to knock down and turn in flats or nasty terraced houses with courtyard gardens

Renter 1

Please click on this link, it is much the same in Cornwall

Cornwall Sceptic

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I know the area well, close to where I was brought up. It is looking very stalmate there at the moment. The quality areas seem to be moving much slower than other areas like Canford Heath in Poole. My bet is there is still a lot of inward money coming in and the money is going over to places nearer the coast which for the money are less desirable places to live in.

The same is happening in East Dorset/West Hants, around the edges of the New Forest.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest STR2004

This should cheer you up. A friend of mine was renting a place in Christchurch until October last year. The landlord had put it on the market about a year previously and it was sold (and then not sold) 4 times in total. It was a 4 bed bungalow on St Catherines Hill and was up originally for £315K, then £299K. I noticed on nethouseprices.com it actually sold for £250K (20.5% less than asking).

And prices are still rising ?? Sure they are?

STR

HOLA449

its a bit like who wants to be a millionaire.

Theres the possibilitty of taking £64K (profit) but you have to answer the next question correctly. OR you can take the £34K that you are on, straight away...

In the light of house prices not increasing, then people would rather take the "free" money and run rather than waiting around. Damm those kite flyers who believe everything a EA says.

HOLA4410

This should cheer you up. A friend of mine was renting a place in Christchurch until October last year. The landlord had put it on the market about a year previously and it was sold (and then not sold) 4 times in total. It was a 4 bed bungalow on St Catherines Hill and was up originally for £315K, then £299K. I noticed on nethouseprices.com it actually sold for £250K (20.5% less than asking).

And prices are still rising ?? Sure they are?

STR

Well well well! My point is backed up..... - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=0entry330646

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Give it a week and the back door will be kicked in to be replaced with an amoured steel one guarded by two pit bulls. The front window will be painted out from the inside. How much crack you want? Boscombe the Dorset Riviera? There's flats just down the road for 600k and the average local retail/catering wage is £12.5k

Their could be trouble ahead!

Pablo Silver or Lead?

HOLA4413

we live in portland and we have noticed that properties below 160 grand go quite quickly.

the only reason i can see for that is ftb with self certificate mortgages buying anything just to get on the ladder.(dont know who elsa could be buying houses as you would have to be on 45 grand)

all other houses are just sitting on ea books including properties that need work on them.

every week the local paper states house prices for this area going up and up ????

HOLA4414

anyone drive down richmond park avenue? (i think thats whats its called), the link between boscombe and lansdown?

Its a whole street of newly built or converted studios, 1 and 2 bed flats. I swear there must be at least 100 for sale and tolet signs

I ll get my camera next time I m down there

It is a developers/BTL haven (or hell it will turn out to be)

HOLA4415

Poole is now Cheaper than Newcastle ‘Up the Toon!’

I've just saved myself £75k (on paper as I'm not buying)

18 months ago Crest Nicholson the developer of Poole Quarter was advertising 3 storey 3 bed Town Houses from £325k.

In today’s Compass magazine The have a full page advert:

“3 bed Town Houses from £249,950!”

“Part Exchange Available!” (their potential buyers are struggling to put a chain together)

“Ready for immediate occupation!” (they surprisingly struggled to sell them off plan at £325k)

I might pop down and offer them £220k for a quick completion. If they don’t bite then I’d compromise and go for £180k for a slow one. Developer need to understand that they’re prospective purchasers like to be ahead of the market.

Pablo Silver or Lead?

HOLA4416

Oh you posh person YOU!

Why is the back of the magazine full of random photos of people at balls and black tie dinner events?

"Oh dont you know I appeared in Compass magazine darling"

How do you get compass magazine anyway? My friend lives in a luxury apartment and so they are in the lobby - well thats how i recieve my issue psst....

HOLA4417

Poole is now Cheaper than Newcastle ‘Up the Toon!’

I've just saved myself £75k (on paper as I'm not buying)

18 months ago Crest Nicholson the developer of Poole Quarter was advertising 3 storey 3 bed Town Houses from £325k.

“3 bed Town Houses from £249,950!”

“Part Exchange Available!” (their potential buyers are struggling to put a chain together)

“Ready for immediate occupation!” (they surprisingly struggled to sell them off plan at £325k)

I might pop down and offer them £220k for a quick completion. If they don’t bite then I’d compromise and go for £180k for a slow one. Developer need to understand that they’re prospective purchasers like to be ahead of the market.

Pablo Silver or Lead?

They must smell a crash around the corner - or is it all the new builds coming online in the Poole area over the next couple of years!!!

The 4 bed houses have been reduced from £325k to £280k.

Its a good start :)

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4418

we live in portland

every week the local paper states house prices for this area going up and up ????

My parents live near Weymouth (so not too far away) their next door neighbours have finally sold after more than a year on the market and they claim to have sold for the same amount they paid.

I will double check the actual sale price when it comes on nethouseprices.

However even a sale at the price they paid means they have lost out (consider stamp duty, solicitors fees etc.).

Admittedly they only moved there from London two or three years ago.

They moved because they had a rather idealistic view of life away from the city and are now moving back.