House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagehot

Harrow

Any ideas on how the market is doing near Harrow on the Hill station area? Havent been around in 2 years but went a couple of weeks ago and market seems to be mildly hot. Selling well.

Any ideas on how the market is doing near Harrow on the Hill station area? Havent been around in 2 years but went a couple of weeks ago and market seems to be mildly hot. Selling well.

Since you havent been around for 2 years or so, do tell us - by what magic or insight do you declare the market "hot"?

When you say you "went", do you mean drove through/past/by it?

Or did you stop and look around.

By what yardstick is it "hot".

Did you count the signs? Did they all say sold? Was it exciting? Get any photographs? Links?

pi55 off and stop trying to ramp things up.

Yer very obviously a troll. And not a very good one.

"any ideas.......selling well"

Fellow HPC'ers - this is the kind of thing you need to watch out for.

**mods - I'm reporting this post because its very obviously an VI ramp**

drove around. saw a lot of sold signs. looked at web sites and saw asking prices on my type of flats £10-20K more than 2 years ago. shortage of supply on estate agents books.

never mind. i am really interested in anyone who still lives there and has a take on things.

drove around. saw a lot of sold signs. looked at web sites and saw asking prices on my type of flats £10-20K more than 2 years ago. shortage of supply on estate agents books.

never mind. i am really interested in anyone who still lives there and has a take on things.

1. Sold signs - you dont think that these "sold" signs could be placed by agents on places they dont even market to you? I heard they do it with "For Sale" signs...but thats just a rumour.

2. So asking prices have risen 10-20k in two years. What sort of asking prices? On a 2 bed flat priced at 300k thats not really much of a rise...and its certainly not "hot".

3. How do you know whats on the estate agents books if you just drove around?

Yer trying too hard.

I understand though, its your job to ramp the market - youre a barrow boy, you never question your orders.

wow! thanks youve just made me realise how geeky and paranoid mad this site has become. anyone says anything remotley positive and people go mad. soon as i lose this cold i am giving up this site once more.

(i looked at rightmove to check estate agents books)

wow! thanks youve just made me realise how geeky and paranoid mad this site has become. anyone says anything remotley positive and people go mad. soon as i lose this cold i am giving up this site once more.

Bagehot,

Well excuse me,

You have just left a post "the recession is Here" that i would like you to answer with some evidence backed up. If you are a gentleman please come back and enlighten us with your statement "We are not in a recession"

Regards

ive changed my mind. we're obviously in a recession and all the data and teh entire media and every single economist and all the political parties are lying. we ARE in a recession.

You started by asking a question and then answered it yourself. Not only that but you nigh on fellated the market in Harrow (an area you havent been in touch with for 2 years) on the basis of a drive thru it and a flick thru rightmove.

Did it ever enter your head that estate agents with "full books" might be a negative sign?

You cannot seriously expect to post this stuff on here and not get fired at?

And whats paranoid about suggesting underhand tactics by estate agents?

You oughta write to the BBC - they had a whole program on it last week you know ( :lol: )...or trading standards (or whatever) to see how many EAs have been prosecuted for putting up false signs.

BagSack, youre either dim, very very naive or deliberately ramping.

You dont seem that dim or naive........but maybe I'm wrong.