House Price Crash Forum

What's Your Area And What's Your Story

HOLA441

Norfolk reporting - all going as plan.

I get the feeling many members are from London and maybe seeing a completely different scene to us Carrot crunchers.

And are other members from the more rural pastures of our great land are similar to myself?

Let me know. County / City and your experience.

Edited by music man

HOLA442

Leicester not Lesta.....

cheap and VERY nasty to Nice and VERY pricey.......

Lots of new build apartments going up all over the city (now the factories are empty)....... lots and lots of recent immigration visible everywhere....

I feel culturally enriched though........

Edited by keepwatching

HOLA443

Norfolk Also Reporting here - yep - looking good, Suffolk too. Nothing selling quickly, loads up for sale, prices starting to 'reduce'. Been busy having a another baby, but now, re-joining the re world again I am pleased to see how things have changed. You can almost smell it in the air too here. Another year or so and we are hoping to start house hunting. Just a pity about the recession that is comming, Mr Norfolk Bootie is a contractor and the work is starting to 'dry up' already.

HOLA444
HOLA445

There is a separate section for this.

You know what consa - this is why I stopped posting last time. Everytime I tried to join in I felt I was 'in the wrong place' - 'doing something wrong', 'answering incorrectly'. So sorry to have done something wrong again.................and on my very first day back too - oooh deary me. Think I'll go back to just being a spectateur, no chance of doing that incorrectly is there?

HOLA446
Guest consa

You know what consa - this is why I stopped posting last time. Everytime I tried to join in I felt I was 'in the wrong place' - 'doing something wrong', 'answering incorrectly'. So sorry to have done something wrong again.................and on my very first day back too - oooh deary me. Think I'll go back to just being a spectateur, no chance of doing that incorrectly is there?

OK MM just put it in the wrong place, everyone is free to post, but there is a whole section for "what is happening in your area" sorry if you got offended, just trying to help.

BTW it is interesting to see what is happening in your area, and it wasn't aimed at you. :D

No-one is immune from doing something wrong or answering incorrectly, that is how we learn, join in and we may learn as well.

Norfolk

Edited by consa

HOLA447

Apology accepted Consa.

However I have decided that I will not post anymore. There are often threads commenting on how many people read, and why don't they join in? Well this forum layout has changed since I posted last. New people need to negotiate this site, and get used to what they are doing and indeed learn. I was going to just log off and leave it at that, but if somebody doesn't bother to point out that this is not a very welcomming forum, then maybe it never will be. Is it any wonder that others don't bother. This is not aimed at you, just an observation of the 'whole'.

I think this is a great site and will continue to read.

HOLA448

Apology accepted Consa.

However I have decided that I will not post anymore. There are often threads commenting on how many people read, and why don't they join in? Well this forum layout has changed since I posted last. New people need to negotiate this site, and get used to what they are doing and indeed learn. I was going to just log off and leave it at that, but if somebody doesn't bother to point out that this is not a very welcomming forum, then maybe it never will be. Is it any wonder that others don't bother. This is not aimed at you, just an observation of the 'whole'.

I think this is a great site and will continue to read.

NB. Let me tell you a story, and keep posting!!!!!

I went on a West Ham discussion forum that I hadn't used before a few months ago. I was absoluutely crucified for what I posted and where. I decided not to post at all.

Anyway, I kept reading, and am 100% convinced that some of the moderation is absolutely ridiculous, BUT the site is very good (partly as a result of the moderation). I've started posting - you have to think a bit before you post, and have a thick skin becuse there is always a previous thread that whatever you write should have been on, but so what? Try to "do the right thing", but if you get a telling off, then just ignore the people who are being picky!!!!!!!

For the record, I practically never read the "what's happening in your area" forum, so it's nice to (1) be reminded it's there and (2) hear what's happening in people's areas without looking on that forum.

HOLA449

NB. Let me tell you a story, and keep posting!!!!!

I went on a West Ham discussion forum that I hadn't used before a few months ago. I was absoluutely crucified for what I posted and where. I decided not to post at all.

Anyway, I kept reading, and am 100% convinced that some of the moderation is absolutely ridiculous, BUT the site is very good (partly as a result of the moderation). I've started posting - you have to think a bit before you post, and have a thick skin becuse there is always a previous thread that whatever you write should have been on, but so what? Try to "do the right thing", but if you get a telling off, then just ignore the people who are being picky!!!!!!!

For the record, I practically never read the "what's happening in your area" forum, so it's nice to (1) be reminded it's there and (2) hear what's happening in people's areas without looking on that forum.

I'd go along with that. I never read the 'what's happening in your area' forum either. I think it should be posted here. Most of what is posted here is now just the same old stuff - so reading reports from different areas is more interesting.