House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pad

Chris Hall, President Of National Association Of Estate Agents

In todays observer Chris Hall is quoted as saying" after a difficult 2005, estate agents are optimistic. 'Valuations are high, many new properties coming on to the market are selling like hot cakes,' said Christopher Hall, president of the National Association of Estate Agents, who predicted annual price growth of 5 per cent."

I know of numerious properties which this man has valued at rediculous prices which has not sold, and are now with other agents at reduced prices or are still on his books. Here is a small sample:

"PROPERTY OF THE WEEK 08.09.05 DONT MISS OUT (to quote the add) yes 05 ref ID 2039" Norwich Evening News 23.03.06 ID2039 same price - well its only 6 months on. Deffentely not a hot cake there!

Ref: ID214,950 Riverside 3 bed ground flour appt. 25ft lounge PRICED TO SELL QUICKLY! Eastern Evening News ad 08.09.05 NOW still on with him at £195. This hot cake has deffinetly gone cold.

Det bungalow at 'Cosy Cawson' new in 26.05.05 yes 05 £154,950 didnt sell. Now on with Tops Ewings. £148,500. This cakes a bit mouldy.

Happisbugh 3 bed det house £235.000, formertly the local chip shop Oct 05. Now going up for auction with Aldridge & Lansdell.

Ref: ID2339 new in 26.10.05 Thorpe St Andrew terr £149,950 still on his books at the same price 6 months later - this is one hot cake thats gone cold.

Ref: ID2319 new in 26.10.95 Hellesdon extended 4 bed simi £199,950 still on his books this week at the same price - anther hot cake thats gone a a little cold.

I know the above propety and prices are correct as I keep all copies of our local property rag, for the last eighteen months. If you want to know whats happening in your areas go back through the old newsapapers.

Dont beleive that this man has any hot cakes, they are deffently stale!!!

This man is the president of the National Association of Eastate Agents, a honest representative of estate agents in general I assume. Honest as in "estate agents".

Edited by pad

I just had to ad this, its another of Chris Halls "Hot Cakes"

Taverham £385.000 28.01.05 Eastern Daily Press property supplemnt. 4 bed det cottage in sought after location (well perhaps its not that sought after or could it be Chris Hall just got the price wrong) its still on his web site 26.03.06.

Yes but you may notice, he doesn't specifically state what EA's are optimistic about eg the sun will rise tomorrow.

He also doesn't state what the high valuations are for, you read houses, he may mean the valuations of fresh baked hot cakes.

And as for the prediction of annual price growth of 5%. Again, he doesn't say what commodity, possibly referring to the aforementioned hot baked wheat produce.

The wise man, he say listen to the words that aren't there, that's where the truth is.

:D

In todays observer Chris Hall is quoted as saying" after a difficult 2005, estate agents are optimistic. 'Valuations are high, many new properties coming on to the market are selling like hot cakes,'

I put a brick up for sale on ebay, i valued it high at 50k gbp. Unfortunately, there was no-one willing to pay me this high valuation, and cost me a fortune in advert fees!

:(:(:(