House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Hunt

If A Bull Is A Bull................

;) what i cat understand is if someone is bullish on houseprices what interest would they have on searching house price crash on the web ? imho they must doubt themselves. come on bulls answers please

;) what i cat understand is if someone is bullish on houseprices what interest would they have on searching house price crash on the web ? imho they must doubt themselves. come on bulls answers please

Maybe because NOBODY 'knows' for sure where house prices will be in 3, 5, 10 years' time.

That doesn't mean I'm a bull BTW. IMO to be a property bull you have to be actively buying and selling property (or have a career assoc with property sales)

To keep you guys from making big mistakes because you have tunnel vision.

To try to prod you into doing something instead of moaning and posting on here.

Can I just point something out.

To date the bulls have been right!!!!!!.

I have not seen a single post ever from a bull suggesting property will rise for ever and ever, they have simply like myself argued time and time again that the crash was not happening and there was money to be made out of property.

Whilst the Bears sat on the sidelines, the Bulls had the balls and got on with the job of extracting cash from a very speculative marketplace. There remains money to be made today, however it is only for the hardy proffessionals. Gone are the days when you could buy a property, furiously wave your amrs around whilst holding a 9.99 roller from B&Q with a dab of p1sswater budget magnolia on the end, most on the floor, bleach the bog, and knock it out for 50k more.

So when the time comes, even the bulls will be turning to bears, however its just not yet.

I have not seen a single post ever from a bull suggesting property will rise for ever and ever, they have simply like myself argued time and time again that the crash was not happening and there was money to be made out of property.

Whilst the Bears sat on the sidelines, the Bulls had the balls and got on with the job of extracting cash from a very speculative marketplace. There remains money to be made today, however it is only for the hardy proffessionals. Gone are the days when you could buy a property, furiously wave your amrs around whilst holding a 9.99 roller from B&Q with a dab of p1sswater budget magnolia on the end, most on the floor, bleach the bog, and knock it out for 50k more.

So when the time comes, even the bulls will be turning to bears, however its just not yet.

Bravo that man \ woman.

They can't see it though.

Funny really.

Well, I followed a link from Motley Fool that was taking the extracting the Michael :lol:

My pos is we're facing yrs of stagnation. Does that make me a bull? Whatever. Anyway, I definitely don't see any crash for the foreseeable future, so I'm no bear.

Edited by cheekmonkey

Bo11ocks

Deal with that :P

Edited by keepwatching

Spot the difference -

Credibility thrown away.

Youre not an only child per chance are you Marina?

I only ask because now that things havent gone your way as quickly as you'd like them to, youre throwing your toys out of the pram and blaming others.

People who have seen my posts on here will know I STRed in December 2003. When ours was on the market, we noticed in the paper that the next-door neighbours at our old house also had their house on the market. We were absolutely astonished to see that they wanted £385k. I remember my wife and I discussing it and we thought £325k would be top money - what were they and the estate agents thinking?!.

Well time has gone by and the couple that were selling have split up. The property stayed on the market - slowly going down in price - for a long, long time. A few months ago I noticed it was up for auction. My wife and I were just talking about our old next-door neighbour as we no longer see her at the school. It suddenly occurred to me I had never looked to find out what it sold for.

Put on the market late 2003 for £385k.

Sold at auction October 2005 for £260k.

That's a drop of 32% from an admittedly ludicrous starting price.

Bring it on - it's going to be a Happy New Year for us HPCers.

PS - Local blocks of flats still unsold after a YEAR. 90% sold - ALLEGEDLY - funny only 6 out of 24 sold on nethouseprices. They just can't seem to get that last 10% away!!!

The best post i have EVER seen from you lurejon. Credit where it is due!

Absolutely on the nail. I am more bear than YOGI! but I cannot flaw your statement here.

TO CLARIFY - THERE WILL BE A CRASH BUT ITS NOT HAPPENING NOW.

My view is... the tide is turning but its not quite gathered momentum.

I think we are at the point of the guy blowing a FOGHORN on a snowcapped peak. The soundwaves are tremouring but the snow is clinging on for its life. At some point it will fall. It just needs a gnat to fart at the top of the mountain :)

TB

Spot the difference -

Credibility thrown away.

Youre not an only child per chance are you Marina?

I only ask because now that things havent gone your way as quickly as you'd like them to, youre throwing your toys out of the pram and blaming others.

Don't be a pr@tt. You guys crack me up. No, I have lots of siblings. 3 to a bedroom when I was a kid.

Credibility thrown away? I have CHANGED MY MIND about how I see this thing panning out. We had a correction - but now it is over.

Who am I blaming? I am just calling things as I see them. I used to be a bear - not because I wanted to be, but because that's how I saw things.

Now, I am not a bull - I can't see rises being sustainable - but who knows? I was wrong before and will, no doubt, be wrong again. Where I live the market is buoyant and that means rising prices I am afraid.

Just been driven past my old house whilst taking my son out for a driving lesson. A neighbour I have stayed friends with popped round about 10 days ago and mentioned the house next door to them (opposite my old house) had just been put on the market. 2 beds instead of the 4 in my house. On for 20k less than I sold in 2003 for. By my reckoning it should have been at least 50k less. It's got a SOLD sign up. I don't imagine they had to take an offer.

If I were one of you lot I would be REALLY, REALLY WORRIED. It is not going the way you want and looks, to me, like it isn't going to. You are priced out and you are going to be in short term rentals all your life.

Time to do something, methinks - instead of wishful thinking.

Edited by Marina

F*** you. I do something a lot more productive and useful than scavenging around in the gaps in the property market.

If I were one of you lot I would be REALLY, REALLY WORRIED. It is not going the way you want and looks, to me, like it isn't going to. You are priced out and you are going to be in short term rentals all your life.

Oh dear! Nothing else to say apart from...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't be a pr@tt. You guys crack me up. No, I have lots of siblings. 3 to a bedroom when I was a kid.

Credibility thrown away? I have CHANGED MY MIND about how I see this thing panning out. We had a correction - but now it is over.

Who am I blaming? I am just calling things as I see them. I used to be a bear - not because I wanted to be, but because that's how I saw things.

Now, I am not a bull - I can't see rises being sustainable - but who knows? I was wrong before and will, no doubt, be wrong again. Where I live the market is buoyant and that means rising prices I am afraid.

Just been driven past my old house whilst taking my son out for a driving lesson. A neighbour I have stayed friends with popped round about 10 days ago and mentioned the house next door to them (opposite my old house) had just been put on the market. 2 beds instead of the 4 in my house. On for 20k less than I sold in 2003 for. By my reckoning it should have been at least 50k less. It's got a SOLD sign up. I don't imagine they had to take an offer.

What is the deal with you Marina? You've previously posted annacdotal evidence that you were right and that property in your neigbourhood has lost significant value. Are you now saying that it was not credible?

It is obvious to me that you are no longer a property bull laurejon. Care to comment on that?

Yeah, because like property is the only market to make money in. :rolleyes:

What the property bulls have to get through their thick heads is that just because one may be bearish on UK property doesn't mean one is bearish on every market. So whilst the property bears sit in the sidelines they are making easier pickings elsewhere.

Oh, maybe this is news for you. It's still possible to make money in a crashing market.

NDL

What is the deal with you Marina? You've previously posted annacdotal evidence that you were right and that property in your neigbourhood has lost significant value. Are you now saying that it was not credible?

Maybe a VI has hijacked the account or somethin. Time to disable it methinks. Not good for the morale all this recent bullish intrusion. :P

They could be:

Interested in all sides of the argument

Condescending about bears and coming here to "educate" them

Somone who loves posting online and looks for any excuse to do so

Somone who made the world's worst ever typo while intending to type "rubber fetish water-sports" into Google.

or any of a thousand more reasons. I don't see that too much should be read into it.

Billy Shears

Guest wrongmove

Spot the difference -

Credibility thrown away.

END QUOTE.

Excellent post, Needle.

How valuable it is to have a memory - sometimes in short supply around here.

I don't think this is very fair (but I doubt Marina minds)

This time last year:

IRs - rising

approvals - falling

HPI - falling

Now:

IRs - falling (technically - the last move was down)

approvals - rising

HPI - rising

Who was it said that when the facts change, so does my opinion ?

I does seem a large shift in opinion over the last 3 months. Saw this coming a week or 2 ago with a "why don't you get of your moaning **** and do something" thread.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind tho. As long as you don't do it too often.

PS. Didn't post in the above thead but since Marina seems to allude to it saying "To try to prod you into doing something instead of moaning and posting on here." I would like to add I am doing something. I'm saving my pennies and starting a buisness and waiting to see what happens. If I am wrong I will eventually give in and buy a house that hopefully hasn't gone up 50% from todays price in the space of a couple of years. Not very likely I would think.

On the other hand if I am correct it will have gone down a reasonable amout and I will be better off in the longer term.

Waiting is easily the best thing I can do at the moment. Why do I need to do something else? What exactly do you suggest?

Edited by Anti_Claus

I'm saving my pennies and starting a buisness and waiting to see what happens. If I am wrong I will eventually give in and buy a house that hopefully hasn't gone up 50% from todays price in the space of a couple of years. Not very likely I would think.

On the other hand if I am correct it will have gone down a reasonable amout and I will be better off in the longer term.

Waiting is easily the best thing I can do at the moment. Why do I need to do something else? What exactly do you suggest?

Find some bigger buckets?

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

never a truer word!