House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JST

Renting In Leeds

I'm likely to be moving to Leeds very soon due to a job offer and am looking for advice on the best place to start looking for rental property. I'm probably going to look for a 1 bed flat at a cheapish rate but in a decent condition and in a reasonable area. Any advice on the best places to live in Leeds and the likely rental would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JST

I'm likely to be moving to Leeds very soon due to a job offer and am looking for advice on the best place to start looking for rental property. I'm probably going to look for a 1 bed flat at a cheapish rate but in a decent condition and in a reasonable area. Any advice on the best places to live in Leeds and the likely rental would be greatly appreciated.

That combination isn't easy to achieve. Depends how much you are willing to pay and how close you need to be to the city.

I like Pudsey, Horsforth, Cookridge, Rawdon, Yeadon parts of Moortown. Chapel Allerton is the trendies choice and Headingley & Kirstall are studenty. These last two will have the best selection and most choice but there will be few bargains in these areas at the moment.

That combination isn't easy to achieve. Depends how much you are willing to pay and how close you need to be to the city.

I like Pudsey, Horsforth, Cookridge, Rawdon, Yeadon parts of Moortown. Chapel Allerton is the trendies choice and Headingley & Kirstall are studenty. These last two will have the best selection and most choice but there will be few bargains in these areas at the moment.

Thanks for your response. Most of the people I know in Leeds seem to be based in Chapel Allerton, although it seems pricey. I'm hoping approx £450 pcm might get me something reasonable!

Thanks for your response. Most of the people I know in Leeds seem to be based in Chapel Allerton, although it seems pricey. I'm hoping approx £450 pcm might get me something reasonable!

yeah CA is a little over-valued atm. There are nice little secluded patches in areas that you'd least expect though - near Hyde Park etc. However, they may take some finding - could be a little difficult without being already resident there.

There are couple of 1 bedders, to rent on street lane nr roundhay park (ls8). Good links to the city and nr chapel allerton tho unfortunatley everything is quite expensive to rent in Leeds, tho I agree with the area selection of Leeds Bozz, or you could try parts of calverley or pudsey you might get more for your money.

Thanks for all the advice on this thread. I'm due to start my new job in less than two weeks, but haven't found anywhere to live yet. I think it'll probably be Chapel Allerton or Roundhay as I don't know the city that well and these areas seem to be centrally located with plenty to do. I'm resigned to paying a minimum of £500 per month though. As an alternative I've thought about trying city centre new builds as there seem to be some reasonable deals on these.