House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BricksandMortar

This Isn't How It's Supposed To Be Is It?

ok folks, have just sold my house (4 weeks on market) for asking price which was 9k above the highest valuation. those EA's know nowt! :D

Well done. Don't spend it all at once!

Good for you fella. Genuinely glad it went well.

Mine isn't even on the market yet (I don't move in to my new house until next Friday) and I'll sell this one after I move in; already I've had friends of neighbors asking for a look round/what price am I thinking of etc etc.

Guess not all areas are showing 10-20% falls then.

I'll tell you when we've exchanged contracts ;)

Exchanged contracts? You havent actually sold it yet then, have you?

Have you read any of the stuff posted on the site?

ok folks, have just sold my house (

No you haven't.

You haven't completed!

What an ignoramus.

Why post this?

I can smell a loser at 1000 yards downwind, and you sir, if you will kindly pardon the hyperbole, are one.

Unbelievable.

btw way, bought in 2003 - increase in price since then 69k

I take it you're going to blow it all on an over-priced bigger house?

Well yes and no - we've had an offer accepted on a larger property but the offer is 20k below asking price, so am chuffed with that as it's in the same Authority as our current home.

We actually down-sized in 2003 but have a biggish family who happily like spending a lot of time with us. We also found that the the house we chose to down-size to, though lovely, was a down-size too far!!!

Tee hee hee :D:D:D:D:D

Imagine how much you could of got before the crash :D

What a sour comment.

There is NO crash in the Lake District :rolleyes:

Edited by BricksandMortar

btw way, bought in 2003 - increase in price since then 69k

Its little comments like that which i shall remember

"This Isn't How It's Supposed To Be Is It?"

A constant and perpetual increase in house prices that pushes them higher and higher untill they are out of reach of the average Joe?, sounds normal to me. So what if people can't afford to buy, their fault for being poor or being born at the wrong time. <_<

You probably won't be interested in my history but I'll tell you anyway.

Started married life in a rented attic flat in a house conversion - me, hubby (at Uni) and the baby - an inauspicious start you could say. Moved to 10th floor council flat, had baby 2. Saved as much as we could and moved miles away from our family to a cheaper area to get our own property, no car, no phone, no s*****y kitchen or bathroom, no holidays - had baby 3. Over many years, yes, we've climbed the property ladder and survived 15% interest rates too - and we are proud about it, sorry if that offends. We've had no handouts and not bemoaned the fact that we did without for many, many years, we were happy with our lot. These days you get comments like 'I'm not paying that for a box' or 'I can't live with THAT kitchen' or 'I won't be able to afford to go on holiday' you pays yer money and you makes yer choice that's all there is to it.

Keep banging on about renting and wait if you will, and wait and wait - good luck.

Started married life in a rented attic flat in a house conversion - me, hubby (at Uni) and the baby - an inauspicious start you could say. Moved to 10th floor council flat, had baby 2. Saved as much as we could and moved miles away from our family to a cheaper area to get our own property, no car, no phone, no s*****y kitchen or bathroom, no holidays - had baby 3. Over many years, yes, we've climbed the property ladder and survived 15% interest rates too - and we are proud about it, sorry if that offends. We've had no handouts and not bemoaned the fact that we did without for many, many years, we were happy with our lot. These days you get comments like 'I'm not paying that for a box' or 'I can't live with THAT kitchen' or 'I won't be able to afford to go on holiday' you pays yer money and you makes yer choice that's all there is to it.

Keep banging on about renting and wait if you will, and wait and wait - good luck.

Try doing that now and see how far you get. You can't get a council flat for love nor money these days. I've been on the list for six years in april and am no closer to geting housed and why?. Because I currently rent privately and so have proven I don't need a council flat, the fact that renting privately cost an arm and a leg is of no importance.

So the start to your married life was in a attic flat , you had a baby and your husband was at uni so i presume niether of you were working (or if you were just part time). You were then given a council flat, and had another baby at which point i assume hubby was working, you saved as much as what you could on his income whilst you were in a council flat (again im assuming you were now looking after your two babies). Sounds like you saved up enough to get together a deposit - this savings (i assume one income) was whilst your hubby was supporting the family, i.e you and your two babies YET you still managed to save enough for a deposit on your own house. You had baby number 3 and had to make sacrafices, no holidays, phone etc on a single income. You've had no handouts , i suppose that depends on the definition of handout, council housing to get you start, income support for your children.

If this is the type of thing you take pride in then i can see why its one of the 7 deadlies. You were happy with your lot ey?

As for the other comments about not being able to afford to go on holiday and that , well i just think you competly miss how alot of people are on here.

You've got your 69K increase at the expense of others but that was in no way judgement on your part, it was through luck and necessesaty. You've rode a bubble that is all, the very fact that you like to state your 69K increase is what i shall remember - it shows your calibre.

Dont get me wrong, i dont care who makes money or in what way, but dont be suprised when you see people gloating at others misfortune when they lose thier homes because they will be remembering comments like yours.

Have a nice life with your 69K

You still haven't sold your house yet though, all you've had is an offer above the asking price. Long way to go yet. :lol:

Most house sales go through. You're clutching at straws trying to hang your hat on the fact the person has not exchanged yet. I have known people whose house sales have fallen through, put their houses back on the market and get an even higher price.

Dont get me wrong, i dont care who makes money or in what way, but dont be suprised when you see people gloating at others misfortune when they lose thier homes because they will be remembering comments like yours.

Have a nice life with your 69K

Exactly. Why do people seem to think they are something special because a house they bought not as an investment but to live has gone up in price. They act like they palnned it.

I bet they won't be so quick to comment on the way down.

BTW BricksandMortar HPI is in terms of percentages so it is likely the gap between your property value and the one you are moving up to to has increased largely since 2003. As a result you will most likely be worse off to some extent for moving to it now compared to 2003 or a future date when prices eventually fall.

Would be interesting to see the figures to see how much. Hopefully >69K.

Well done on selling your house. I hope it goes through. Please ignore all these pr***s trying to give you a hard time. They're a bunch of nobodys goiong nowhere and should be on a forum called "icantaffordahousesoimgoingtomoanaboutitontheinternet.com"

Well done on selling your house. I hope it goes through. Please ignore all these pr***s trying to give you a hard time. They're a bunch of nobodys goiong nowhere and should be on a forum called "icantaffordahousesoimgoingtomoanaboutitontheinternet.com"

I can easily afford a house. Even at these ridiculous prices. I am just not willing to commit silly sums of money to something I strongly think will fall in value. It’s bit like holding off shopping till the January sale. Why pay more when you can pay less. The only difference here being we are talking longer time frame and 10’s of K’s.

Edited by Anti_Claus

I hope it sails through too........ Mine went through without a hitch after selling within the first week.... Right up until the exchange i was expecting the worst... It is a kind of mind torture....

Not too sure about that other site you mention there, but there should be at least one here for pro HPI nutters www.equitycashcar.co.ck/lookatme.... email...genderdisguise@snugglepocketgames.fu.ck/yourself