House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fudge

Liberal Budget Response Broadcast

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the Liberal budget response broadcast on Friday.

Dont know who the guy was but he had a very similar take on the economy as many on here.

Economy based on house price inflation, weve had the boom and now we are facing bust. Many in massive debt and cost of living rising.

Poetry pure poetry.

Yeah. Saw it.

Looked like he's using those issues as political capital... still not likely to vote liberal though.

No I wouldnt vote liberal either but was pleased to hear they knew the score.

Liberal Democrat budget response.

Dont know who the guy was...

Vincent Cable.

I am suprised nobody has mentioned the Liberal budget response broadcast on Friday.

...still not likely to vote liberal though.

See 'We are not the Liberal Democrats!':

http://www.liberal.org.uk/general/notlds.htm

We are the Liberals who opposed the 1988 merger of the Liberal and Social Democratic Parties, believing the resulting hybrid to represent an inadequate vehicle for liberalism. We resolved to maintain the Liberal Party as a separate force in British politics. Here's why.

I was impressed by the guy, he seemed to be saying the right thing and mentioned the housing problems and debt.

It's a great start and if they use this line it may be of great help to us FTB's.

No must admit I havent but I am already commited to another party.

Simply being committed to another party doesn't mean you can't stay in touch with the broader outlook... and possibly even, on the evidence, change your opinion. I'm not a liberal democrat. In fact I'm not anything anymore. Political Parties are only as good as the good that they do. Its not like a marriage you know :)

Conservatives!! Wake up and do the same!! I like the policy but can't face the others they have.

It pains me but I'm with Laurejon. Even though David C has completely gone back on a promise for tax breaks for married people (heterosexual marriage that is - remember that? a man and a LADY. Crazy I know).

Conservatives!! Wake up and do the same!! I like the policy but can't face the others they have.

It pains me but I'm with Laurejon. Even though David C has completely gone back on a promise for tax breaks for married people (heterosexual marriage that is - remember that? a man and a LADY. Crazy I know).

What I don't understand is... and I have been wondering about this ever since I was in my teens, and used to watch university students bravely venture into a gay pub and stand pressing their butts nervously into a wall and staring into the beer glass that they were clutching tightly with both hands as sweat poured down their necks - Why do guys get so stroppy about gayness? Don't get me wrong. I'm sure your a presentable guy, but its not like any of them what to marry YOU :blink::P

What I don't understand is... and I have been wondering about this ever since I was in my teens, and used to watch university students bravely venture into a gay pub and stand pressing their butts nervously into a wall and staring into the beer glass that they were clutching tightly with both hands as sweat poured down their necks - Why do guys get so stroppy about gayness? Don't get me wrong. I'm sure your a presentable guy, but its not like any of them what to marry YOU :blink::P

There is only heterosexual marriage in the UK.... Same sex couples can register a same their partnership which is not the same thing (depending on your point of view)... But this is a forum about HPC... ;)

Speaking from a gay man's perpspective... Most of my friends are "straight." Also, I have never met a homopobic straight man who is comfortable with their own sexuality OR is not a very scared and insecure person. Some people always have to look for someone to blame for their own shortcomings and mistakes (but hey - I can't help it if I'm gorgeous, just look at my Avatar :lol: ) which actually draws us to the attitude of many Bulls on this site and their "miss the boat" type taunts. All IMPO of course...

It also seems, that homophobia increases with age. But guys, please don't worry... I don't want to shack up with some overweight, balding bigot who is unable to maintain an erection without pharmaceutical intervention... (half the forum breathes a sigh of relief :lol: )

So please - let's keep the chat about HPC and leave the posts as such. After gay people want affordable housing too. We're all on the same side OK...

;)

Dont know who the guy was but he had a very similar take on the economy as many on here.

Economy based on house price inflation, weve had the boom and now we are facing bust. Many in massive debt and cost of living rising.

Poetry pure poetry.

I would say there is as much chance of a Liberal government as a HPC.

Edited by nodumsunreader