House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fiddlesticks

Foxtons Disinstructed

Guest Fiddlesticks

Here's one to warm the cockles.

I live on a street of victorian terraces in London, some complete houses, some flat conversions. None of the houses has ever gone for more than £450,000. Two weeks ago a Foxtons board appeared outside a house opposite me. I checked their website and was gobsmacked to find it was on for £620,000. This morning I noticed the Foxtons board has found its way into a skip down the road. According to my downstairs neighbour they have sacked Foxtons because of the Whistleblower programme. Interestingly the house is still on the website.

Can't help wondering how many other houses have been withdrawn from Foxtons, although they may still be listing them.

Fiddlesticks

My sister saw a foxton's mini with smashed out windows on Tuesday!

Edited by Jason

My sister saw a foxton's mini with smashed out windows on Tuesday!

i saw a foxtons mini going over Beachy Head today with Foxtons estate agents inside.

what a shame-there was 1 empty seat!

i saw a foxtons mini going over Beachy Head today with Foxtons estate agents inside.

what a shame-there was 1 empty seat!

:lol::lol::lol::huh:

Here's one to warm the cockles...

...they have sacked Foxtons because of the Whistleblower programme...

Fiddlesticks

All 1 of the 1 people I know who were in the process of letting their flats through that agent have withdrawn the instruction due to "incredulity and shock" at the practices shown in that programme. Not a particularly large sample, I'll grant you.

All 1 of the 1 people I know who were in the process of letting their flats through that agent have withdrawn the instruction due to "incredulity and shock" at the practices shown in that programme. Not a particularly large sample, I'll grant you.

I was using Foxtons but stopped dealing with them a few months back.

Their strong-arm sales tactics and constant ramping of the market really annoyed me.

(Typical: You have to see this property, ok, how about next week, no it will be gone, the market is so hot at the moment, everything is just going as soon as it comes on the market, don't make offers becuase there are so many people looking etc)

Every time I contacted them I just got this spew of market ramping.

The whole experience of dealing with them made me annoyed, and I just asked them to stop calling me.

I can tell you that a lot of other EA's are very happy they've been exposed.

Edited by BandWagon

I suspect they are deliberately keeping properties listed despite being disinstructed as a damage limitation exercise. They should be used to lying to cover up and deceive the public.

Foxtons Search results: Properties for sale

Wednesday 22 March - Total 5212

Saturday 25 March - Total 5170

Tuesday 28th March - 5126

Too bad we don't know if this is because they've lost contracts or sold the property.................