House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
trompe le monde

Us Home Sales Drop 10.5% In February

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...y/Business/home

U.S. home sales drop

MARTIN CRUTSINGER

Associated Press

WASHINGTON — New home sales fell by the biggest amount in almost nine years in February while home prices declined for a fourth straight month, raising concerns that the once high-flying housing market could be in for a rougher-than-expected landing.

The Commerce Department reported Friday that sales of new single-family homes dropped by 10.5 per cent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual sales pace of 1.08 million homes.

It was the second straight monthly decline, following a 5.3 per cent fall in January, and marked the biggest one-month drop since April 1997.....

starting to look serious over the pond...

TLM

agreed, I think that's four fans for sure on this forum - maybe we should link to the Frank Black forum.....

Haven't got that DVD yet, but did catch them at Brixton last year. I think their intelligence and individuality is reflected in the general independent thinking on this forum, if that doesn't sound too 'Pseud's corner'....

and err, they come from America (phew, thought I was getting OT for a minute there....)

TLM

On a side issue, aren't the Pixies superb? Just got their reunion tour DVD.

Are the Pixies superb? Thats a no-brainer for me. :lol:B)

agreed, I think that's four fans for sure on this forum - maybe we should link to the Frank Black forum.....

Haven't got that DVD yet, but did catch them at Brixton last year. I think their intelligence and individuality is reflected in the general independent thinking on this forum, if that doesn't sound too 'Pseud's corner'....

and err, they come from America (phew, thought I was getting OT for a minute there....)

TLM

Lucky swine, I have now missed two opportunities to see them live. I couldn't go and see them at Loolapalooza last year as my house sale was dragging on. Bah.