House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MarkyB

Personal Anecdotal

Right first of all, I love my old man, but "hes a always right!" type of person

Sept this time, its different!

He's been lucky and wise recently with his house buying

Started 20 years ago, with a 14 k mortgage, on derelict repossession, sold 5 years later for 40k and a lot of graft (ex repossession)

Brought for 67k (recession price) moved mortgage to increase the amount Sold 2003 for 95k

So hers doing alright so far

2003 Brought a 70k property sold in 2005 for 115k pretty good

Not bad you ask yourself, this is where the bad news comes

I begged him, told him, not to buy a house now, but to rent when he come back to brum! He told me on my new appointment in 2005, YOU CAN AFFORD TO BUY NOW, SO YOU SHOULD... I was like... NO WAY!

so he brought for 153k in 2005, now he wants to move, the missus aint happy with my little sisters special needs school, they dont think she is learning anything, so want to move up the chain!... They can't afford it!

Now they are going to sell either way for whatever they can sell it for, at the moment there is similar house on for 140k, which was 160k, when dad brought his on the same road! reduced by 20k.

Now basically the way i see it, is dad will lose probably 20k, even thou he spent money on the house, might sell for 145k still, but they have spent a lot of time and effort messing with this house!

Only now are they thinking of renting, after basically!... I WAS RIGHT!

Takes a BOW!!!!

I really am angry he wouldn't listen to me, and had his be in his bonnet about house prices going up!

People out there with house's getting worried... BE WORRIED!!!

Even he admits it, and pats me on the back for having the bottle to rent, and ride the waves! he is now going for a bigger house and offsetting the interest on sale against the rent... simple, and easily done!

Renting suits me, my lifestyle, and everything around me, it was fully refurbished on 10k of someone else's money, wont be that long before everything needs working on again! bothered about the rent it aint gonna double, and I know I have no financial worries. Stress free to me is more important than material possessions. But I look forward to the opportunity of a stressfree house purchase! bring it on!... lol

hope you enjoyed reading!

Nope - it was boring, poorly constructed and self congratulatory.

O Steve you are so ignorant

It wasn’t that boring

And the construction was ok for a forum

But it was self congratulatory.

Perhaps he could have “shortened it to VI dad gets shafted the end”

All in all for a HPC forum I rate it 2 out of 5

Guest The_Oldie

Please refrain from insulting other members.

Please refrain from insulting other members.

Oh dear.

Perhaps I should have used the "CrashIsUnderway" method of calling him a **** or a ******wit or some other profanity.

I've never seen any admonishment for that appalling behaviour. Double standards mate - get a grip.

Guest The_Oldie

Oh dear.

Perhaps I should have used the "CrashIsUnderway" method of calling him a **** or a ******wit or some other profanity.

I've never seen any admonishment for that appalling behaviour. Double standards mate - get a grip.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

There is no excuse for bad manners. The majority of your posts seem to be deliberately belligerent, please desist.

how am I self congratulatory, I was posting in bias at this board, not to cause argument! I support the fall in house prices, and warned my dad about the behaviour I was seeing in the market!

He ignored me, I dont like seeing anyone get hurt, but in the process of avoiding that, I would get hurt by supporting the ridiculous prices im seeing! If by self congratulattory you mean that i avoided losing 20k then yes, cause I would like to buy on the same road, but if you mean because Im glad my dad lost his investment and savings (ie Real money), your wrong I voiced my opinions at the time, just like to other friends and on other boards. Unfortunately no one listened!

If all you can do is insult, maybe you should look into other forums with more kids on! Thats what kid folk like to do nowadays!

I hate people who hide behind computers and insult others! Very brave of you!... fortunately i live in the real world! If I have a problem, I either keep it to myself, or explain myself!

I post on a forum, it is a forum afterall, Im not filing statutory accounts to companies house, my posts, i dont feel need proof reading!... I write as i see it, if you dont like it, UNLUCKY!... No offence to anyone intended!... My dad regrets his actions, maybe others should have listened to me then he and others wouldn't be in this position!

thanks... :ph34r:

how am I self congratulatory, I was posting in bias at this board, not to cause argument! I support the fall in house prices, and warned my dad about the behaviour I was seeing in the market!

He ignored me, I dont like seeing anyone get hurt, but in the process of avoiding that, I would get hurt by supporting the ridiculous prices im seeing! If by self congratulattory you mean that i avoided losing 20k then yes, cause I would like to buy on the same road, but if you mean because Im glad my dad lost his investment and savings (ie Real money), your wrong I voiced my opinions at the time, just like to other friends and on other boards. Unfortunately no one listened!

If all you can do is insult, maybe you should look into other forums with more kids on! Thats what kid folk like to do nowadays!

I hate people who hide behind computers and insult others! Very brave of you!... fortunately i live in the real world! If I have a problem, I either keep it to myself, or explain myself!

I post on a forum, it is a forum afterall, Im not filing statutory accounts to companies house, my posts, i dont feel need proof reading!... I write as i see it, if you dont like it, UNLUCKY!... No offence to anyone intended!... My dad regrets his actions, maybe others should have listened to me then he and others wouldn't be in this position!

thanks... :ph34r:

MarkyB, were you in Top Buzz with MC Mad P ?

I don’t know – perhaps this bit

“I WAS RIGHT!

Takes a BOW!!!!”

hahaha, fair enuf!

Look here, the post wasn't to big me up! Appologies! Can you not understand, I begged him not to buy! I swear, we nearly had a massive row! What do I have to lose by telling him this, nothing! I was just concerned my dad fell for all the spin!

Its was quite simply to highlight a REAL situation, if you guys arn't willing to discuss the actual facts, and the situation, and would only like to pick flies out the format of the post, then I really can't be bothered replying! I'll wait for some more genuine people to come on!

Maybe i'll keep my experiences to myself, maybe others will too and let you guys guess whats going on!

So many wind up's on here nowadays!

:angry:

Message for Ignoranus Steve - You can't 'insult' someone by telling them the truth. If you are 4 feet tall, you would be 'short'.

If you had no hair, you would be 'bald'.

As you are thick as one short plank (as your posts demonstrate only too clearly), by calling you a 'moron' I am doing nothing more than telling the truth (a concept that may be alien to you and your estate agency ilk).

As you WON'T be aware, in libel, the truth is an absolute defence.

Now go away you sad little troll and stop insulting someone who has posted a very interesting anecdote.

Hi Mark,cheers for posting.I thought that it was an interesting story and in essence,similar to other tales I have heard.Hope you do keep posting.Please don`t pay any attention to unhelpful comments, there are always a few saddo folk on any forum!

Message for Ignoranus Steve - You can't 'insult' someone by telling them the truth.

Must try harder, Steve.

Hi Mark,cheers for posting.I thought that it was an interesting story and in essence,similar to other tales I have heard.Hope you do keep posting.Please don`t pay any attention to unhelpful comments, there are always a few saddo folk on any forum!

I think he can ignore or look over comments – that are a little of topic –

The point to the story is of hardship that in his dads view was unexpected. Stories like this I’m sure we will hear more of over the next few years – although people don’t learn – I presume his dad saw the last crash and learnt nothing –

You can learn a lot given time – all you have to do is stop and look around occasionally

hahaha, fair enuf!

Look here, the post wasn't to big me up! Appologies! Can you not understand, I begged him not to buy! I swear, we nearly had a massive row! What do I have to lose by telling him this, nothing! I was just concerned my dad fell for all the spin!

Its was quite simply to highlight a REAL situation, if you guys arn't willing to discuss the actual facts, and the situation, and would only like to pick flies out the format of the post, then I really can't be bothered replying! I'll wait for some more genuine people to come on!

Maybe i'll keep my experiences to myself, maybe others will too and let you guys guess whats going on!

So many wind up's on here nowadays!

:angry:

Hey mate dont appologise to people when you've done nothing wrong :)

Post not constructed properly? :lol:

Incorrect use of english :lol:

This is not an english language forum.

Anecdotles are always welcome as far as im concerned. Theres little to discuss in your post but thats not the point, you were sharing your real life information.

and fair play to you for sticking to your guns and being proven right

IMHO I think the amount of abuse coming from trolls recently is a sign that they are getting worried. The site seems to be full of posts having a dig at what we believe and this is because evidence around us is emerging that the cycle is turning which in turn is leading to 'troll tension' - they then have to vent this tension by rubbishing people on this site.

This is an anecdotal and it's relevant to what's happening around us - there's no need for people to be so rude!

Cheers Mark, I found it interesting and it supports my belief that the property market in the Midlands is starting to turn. ;)

IMHO I think the amount of abuse coming from trolls recently is a sign that they are getting worried. The site seems to be full of posts having a dig at what we believe and this is because evidence around us is emerging that the cycle is turning which in turn is leading to 'troll tension' - they then have to vent this tension by rubbishing people on this site.

This is an anecdotal and it's relevant to what's happening around us - there's no need for people to be so rude!

Cheers Mark, I found it interesting and it supports my belief that the property market in the Midlands is starting to turn. ;)

'Troll Tension' I reakon that is a good term one which should be accepted into internet lingo.

Trolls post for a reason, a psychological need, whether it be attention seeking, delusion of grandeur, inferiority complexes etc. When the need of the troll is not being met because the trolling statements have lost all relevance then the troll will become tense, anxious, frustrated etc.

Troll tension - nice one.

Maybe I should have made it short and sweet... but I didn't! And... ?

I just wanted to show, Dad has made his money so no one can call him, inexperienced! He played it well last time, waited and got bargains, but he had too much faith in the market continuing to rise, and just picked the right house for him, but even he admits in hindight, he wished he'd rented on the same road, or even in a better area!

Basically hes gutted, as its the drops have already started!

Did I mention the redundancies at Land Rover, after the closure of rover in longbridge, not long before that hits home now... 30k redundancy anyone? this is the starting offer!

Oh yes LDV, stopped production as they can't sell them, anyone know whats happening with LDV now?

It means people will be moving out of Solihull and surrounding, and cashing in, with their 30k already in their pocket! Probably moving up north or to germany like my dads neighbour! on at 155k with about 3 or 4 agents... sounds like desperation!

another anecdotal anyone?

Any BTL in Solihull/surrounding care to comment?

come on guys!

Price will always go up! WON'T THEY?

I'm not surprised, I had a look around Brum, it combines the house prices of the South East with the job prospects of Bolton, I'm amazed how the market has sustained itself for this long.

'Troll Tension' I reakon that is a good term one which should be accepted into internet lingo.

Trolls post for a reason, a psychological need, whether it be attention seeking, delusion of grandeur, inferiority complexes etc. When the need of the troll is not being met because the trolling statements have lost all relevance then the troll will become tense, anxious, frustrated etc.

Troll tension - nice one.

What we were presented with was a complex scenario of inter-generational tension, written from the point of view of the adult child coming of age against a background of parental resistance to growth and change and advancing adult wisdom and knowledge. DEEP ;) .

All that troll posters can offer to this bittersweet complexity is snide judgemental remarks and a profound lack of humour. If you are going to launch a put-down guys, learn to make it funny... or at least passionate... occassionally you might have to post an apology! but judgement is such a grey expression of humanity IMHO.

What we were presented with was a complex scenario of inter-generational tension, written from the point of view of the adult child coming of age against a background of parental resistance to growth and change and advancing adult wisdom and knowledge. DEEP ;) .

All that troll posters can offer to this bittersweet complexity is snide judgemental remarks and a profound lack of humour. If you are going to launch a put-down guys, learn to make it funny... or at least passionate... occassionally you might have to post an apology! but judgement is such a grey expression of humanity IMHO.

You see boys, that's why we need a female viewpoint around here occasionally - a bit of empathy rather than abuse and confrontation... Such a blokey aggressive environment here sometimes, I half expect to have to break up a fight outside the kebab shop when I go offline.

Interesting post Marky. The best bit (from our point of view, not your dads) will be to see what he finally sells it for and we can then say for sure that prices have crashed x amount in your area. Your dad is experienced at buying/selling and making a profit so we can safely say that any fall will be market related.

Speaking of trolls, I wonder if there will be more or less of them once the crash really gets underway?