House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Prude

Are The Financial Markets Ever Going To Test Gb?

10 years, 10 budgets, self proclaimed wonder chancellor..

Why doesn't Mr Soros get his wallet out and test this faker! We don't know really what he's made of when the pressure's on.

Which way would he go if there was a serious run on the currency?

What will he do when our credit runs out or when the population have no more tax to give?

Where's the strrikes, the civil unrest, the alternative polictical/economic standpoint given with passion?

Financiers,

Politicians,

Unions,

Pressure Groups,

Activists,

Students,

Mr and Mrs Average

... SOMEBODY TEST HIS METAL - society seems so apathathetic - he's had the easiest run ever!

Why doesn't Mr Soros get his wallet out and test this faker! We don't know really what he's made of when the pressure's on.

What will he do when our credit runs out or when the population have no more tax to give?

Where's the strrikes, the civil unrest, the alternative polictical/economic standpoint given with passion?

Financiers,

Politicians,

Unions,

Pressure Groups,

Activists,

Students,

Mr and Mrs Average

... SOMEBODY TEST HIS METAL - society seems so apathathetic - he's had the easiest run ever!

mettle :)

It would be cool to see, it think its reached the point where GB really does believe his own BS.

Financiers,

Politicians,

Unions,

Pressure Groups,

Activists,

Students,

Mr and Mrs Average

My thoughts exactly . We are about due a run on Sterling, has not been one for ages.

Unison

Massive pension strike looms as unions join together

One million of the country's most essential public sector workers will go on strike on 28 March to defend their pensions

Of course there is a significant strike coming next week.

Of course there is a significant strike coming next week.

If a million government employees go on strike, will anyone notice?

It is expected that state schools will be closed by this. Most people are going to notice that.

Guess it will make the kids happy.

It is expected that state schools will be closed by this. Most people are going to notice that.

Maybe I am getting old but it seems to me that the kids are rarely in school these days anyone. They're barely back to school before it's another half term/end of term/teacher training day etc etc.

If a million government employees go on strike, will anyone notice?

That's exactly what my first thought was. Unfortunately for us in the North East, they're shutting down the Metro rail system and the Tyne Tunnel which basically means it's going to be absolute hell getting into work :-(

crude

The irony of the planned strike next week over loss of pension rights is that this is actually one of the few things the government is doing to address the problems of the future. If the nation wants to make things better (collectively) they should be striking over the lack of enough tough measures being put in place to control indebtedness on an individual and national basis.

If the nation wants to make things better (collectively) they should be striking over the lack of enough tough measures being put in place to control indebtedness on an individual and national basis.

Like government employees give a crap about making the nation better. They just want to retire early, get their fat pension and move to Spain.

Heck, most of them have spent their entire lives making the nation worse, why change now?

Edited by MarkG

I trust they dont get paid when they take a day off on strike, anyone know?.

If they were to go on strike for a whole week, that would save the taxpayer 1/52nd of stolen funds.

If they went on strike for a year, we would be top of the league in world tables on productivity.

It would be fantastic to see them strike for a very long time. Maybe when they have a few paypackets that resemble the taxpayers whom pay them they might suddenly realise which side their bread was buttered.

I also trust the police will be out in force with Truncheons to the ready, should secondary picketing take place.

I also trust the police will be out in force with Truncheons to the ready, should secondary picketing take place.

Hey, policeman need fat pensions and Spanish villas too, you know!

Perhaps after 9 years of continuous economic growth he has a right to?

Yep its a fantastic acheivment.

There are not many people that could employ an entire nation with borrowed money, all outgoings not income and then declare it to be economic growth.

But then I suppose being born and educated in Scotland why would he think otherwise, dont all Scotts think someone else owes them a living, they have been taking from England for centuries.

I wish the country's private sector workers would find their bo11ocks and go on strike... And I don't mean some poncy one-day effort that has no effect. We should save up our spare pennies and then down tools for a whole month. Think how the tax-take would be hit if no wages were paid for a whole month. That should deliver a clear message that we've had enough.

Also... What's happening with Gold?

Surely if the Western Central Banks have such a massive short positon George Soros and his friends would do well to start buying as much of the stuff as they possibly could? That would push the price up, thus making them money, and there would be the added bonus that when the WCBs finally covered their shorts they would have to pay a lot more as the price has risen so much, thus causing a much bigger spike than if they covered now. Of course, the longer they left it the bigger the spike, so their hand may well be forced.

Edited by Bingley Bloke

I trust they dont get paid when they take a day off on strike, anyone know?.

If they were to go on strike for a whole week, that would save the taxpayer 1/52nd of stolen funds.

If they went on strike for a year, we would be top of the league in world tables on productivity.

It would be fantastic to see them strike for a very long time. Maybe when they have a few paypackets that resemble the taxpayers whom pay them they might suddenly realise which side their bread was buttered.

No they do not get payed it they strike.

They are not allowed to take it as holiday either.

Unfortunatly if they striked for a year we would be bottom of the league in world tables on productivity. As nobody would be able to get to work and if you did you would have no home to come back to.

No they don't get paid for a day of strike.

You'll be suprised by how little the average female worker actually retires on. Unfortunately these gvernment workers also include the likes of Social Services. Home care staff who work to keep the disabled at home and out of hospital and long term care. They save the tax payer a lot and give many people a higher qual;ity of life. But maybe some people on this site don't care what happens to their nan when she needs support. I do! OK things are not necessarily delivering what people want, but they go some way to giving people what they need.

Rant over. Please educate yourself before you go all green eyed monster, "they've got a nice fat pension, mine is rubbish" on us. Have a little faith in your pension to rally. Don't we believe that all markets are cyclical. Your pensions will have their day again.