House Price Crash Forum

Times Are A De-masculisation Changing.

HOLA441

Fred,

I agree about the clothes, it is all "metrosexual".

Last week my (mans man) husband tried to buy some new clothes but all he could see in Next were girly clothes.

It made him feel old too.

I think if you happen to be in the generation that is a bit too old for all this then you are lucky. Things may never be the same again for the next generation of men because this is all to do with making money. They realised the male market was ripe for picking. So far men had been accepted for who they were. You lot were allright just the way you were born. Women were the target of advertising for ages before this.

Now it is "if you buy this you will be a better person".

I hope your night out goes well. I'm not sure that binge-drinking in a clubis the best plan to find a nice girl. I met my husband this way, but we were only 18. If I was still doing that now I think it would have turned me into a slapper. (I'm 32 now).

Long live real men,

Desperate Flatwife (less desperate as might be about to move into a bargain rented house)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

Get the clippers out, number 1 for your hair. Then start powerlifting. No, that does not mean join a health club, sit in a machine and pretend you are working out, then going and sitting in the sauna for 3 hours. It means getting a bar, some plates, a power rack, and squatting, deadlifting, bench pressing, and other proper lifts (yes, lifts) - and generally not being a ponce.

That's just so gay. :rolleyes:

HOLA443

I agree, loads of "men" my age (22) are one episode of desperate housewives away from being a woman.

Here's some tips you effeminite (sp?) poofs;

Lose the sticky-up mullety hair. You look like a qunt.

Stop wearing the same clothes as everybody else. You know, the silly t-shirts at 50 quid a throw from some poncey shop that you think is cool. It's not cool when everyone does it.

Get the clippers out, number 1 for your hair. Then start powerlifting. No, that does not mean join a health club, sit in a machine and pretend you are working out, then going and sitting in the sauna for 3 hours. It means getting a bar, some plates, a power rack, and squatting, deadlifting, bench pressing, and other proper lifts (yes, lifts) - and generally not being a ponce.

Carry on.

In my gym there are quite a few guys who ( a ) have the sticky-up mullety hair and ( b ) are also built like brick shithouses. Where do they sit on the ponceometer?

Edited by JBFTB

HOLA444
HOLA445
That's just so gay.

thats what i was thinking.

c'mon real men. join the ambleside chapter of the leather chaps motorcycle club.....

we want you. we want you.

we want you as a new recruit....

one two three four....

think twice about wearing shorts to this gym. esp daisy dukes.

Edited by right_freds_dead

HOLA446

You lot are restoring my hope in the male species.

I am sick and tired of androgenous, preening blokes.

My bloke never buys me cards or flowers, always wear black jeans, black plain t-shirt, cat boots and never wears after shave. And he would never, ever go shopping with me.

But he can hang doors, fix tyres in the pouring rain, rescue me when I am lost, and protect me from monsters.

That's what I want!

HOLA447
HOLA448

You lot are restoring my hope in the male species. I am sick and tired of androgenous, preening blokes.

<---- Teddy says there's nothing wrong with a chap wanting to make him self look nice.

HOLA449

May I strike a (nicely manicured) blow for "metro-sexual" males?

I'm sitting here in my Soho office wearing a pink pull-over (Gap Spring-Summer 06 collection); before leaving my flat this morning I used a vitamin-enriched facial scrub and moisturised. Washed my hair with Toni and Guy products.

I've got a pair of fashionably ripped jeans in my brief-case as I plan to head to a few bars near the office after work tonight. I spend three nights a week in a "health club" keeping my pecs 'n' flat tummy in order.

Oh, and I've got a rather camp MX5 roadster on my drive :P

Gentlemen, poor personal hygiene does not make you a "real man"

You have nothing to fear from moisturiser :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I'm sitting here in my Soho office wearing a pink pull-over (Gap Spring-Summer 06 collection); before leaving my flat this morning I used a vitamin-enriched facial scrub and moisturised. Washed my hair with Toni and Guy products.

I've got a pair of fashionably ripped jeans in my brief-case as I plan to head to a few bars near the office after work tonight. I spend three nights a week in a "health club" keeping my pecs 'n' flat tummy in order.

You're gay, right? ;)

HOLA4412

were you carried from your flat this morning by removal men, while still sat at the table eating a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.?

HOLA4413

hahah...loved the original post.

Men -especially young men- are peacocks. Always have been always will be.

Sweaty walking egos desperate for a sexual encounter. Nothing new there.

The difference is, back in the 70's they would have been battered for poncing about like that.

The thing that makes me laugh is how common or garden YOBS have quietly eccepted

the fashions of the day. And what are now seen as mainstream fashions have been heavily influenced by gay culture.

The T-shirt, Combat Trouser dancers look - Gay Fashion. Super spiky styled hair - Gay Fashion.

I will be clear. I have nothing against homosexuals.

It is the irony of a beer swilling, loaded reading, gay-bashing, xenophobic, mysoginistic toss pots prancing around in their exceptionally gay clothes tickles me.

It reminds me of the 80's, where all the manly men emulated the not-yet-out-of-the-closet George Michael.

And that all pervasive mullet hair......I like to call it the moolet. A cross between the mullet and the cows lick stylee combover.

Edited by geneer

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Each to thier own :lol::)

I dont fear moisturiser , but i dont use it simply because i dont have to? Thing is when you soften your skin then it can be damaged alot easier so you put more moisturiser on it then it gets softer then you put more on and before you know it you have to use it all the time otherwise your skin gets sore (cause youve moisturised it into 'baby soft' skin.

Pink does nothing for me, i prefer dark colours , i absolutly refuse to buy ripped jeans in the name of fashion i think its one of the most supid things going (but each to thier own). I do a mixed martial art (for want of a better description) but i do that because i enjoy it not because it keeps me fit and looking in a certain way. I do not call my gut/stomach a tummy! :lol::) (even though i think its fine if you do), although i drive a bag of sh*t i do so because it does what i want it to do.

No one has said poor personal hygiene makes you a 'real man'. Infact i dont even like the label of 'real man' because it means vastly differnt things to differnt people. Because of the crap type of work i do i have to shower twice a day and i have to constantly be washing my hands throughout the day. Basically personal hygiene does not equate to grooming/pampering/beautifying.

Do i think your any less of a 'man' for not being as 'rough' as me - not at all.

I see that homosexuality has been mentioned a couple of times on the thread, i dont think that a gay man is any less of a 'man' which might seem odd to some of you but my under my definition of what makes a 'real man' i would ask questions like... all things being equal apart from sexuality would a gay man

run into a burning building to save a loved one - yep

stand up to someone who was doing somethign wrong -yep

do what they think is right even when they are scared - yep

help someone who needed assistance - yep

try to stop an old lady being attacked even if it meant them being hurt - yep

Back on to the loss of maculinity, you dont lose it per sey its more the definition of what is considered 'manly' changes over time. Check out the picure on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masculinity things just change over time.

I say it myself sometimes.. things like.. dont be a wuss, or stop being a whimp but as light hearted banter, which is pretty much how i am in the real world (im always taking the p*ss out of people who i know understand that im only joking)

But i dont laugh AT a person, i just think along the lines of wear what you want, be how you be, do what makes you feel right, dont worry about something which gets redefined all the time, be true to yourself, acknowledge your weaknesses , harm no one and live life then it really wont matter to you if you like the colour pink or not :)

Hmm that was longer than i thought it would be :lol:

HOLA4417

<---- Teddy says there's nothing wrong with a chap wanting to make him self look nice.

My bloke looks great, but most importantly, he looks like a bloke,

Also, a few of the androgenous males on this thread hinted that if blokes are not body scrubbing and moisturising that they ain't washing. Well this particular male don't stink.

In Body Shop yesterday, and a man mountain behind me was loading his basket with all manner of smellies. "Ah sweet..." I remarked to the checkout girl "Must be for his Mum!" "Nah..." Says she, "Its for him, he comes in every month and buys heaps."

Yikes! :o

HOLA4418

Each to thier own :lol::)

I dont fear moisturiser , but i dont use it simply because i dont have to? Thing is when you soften your skin then it can be damaged alot easier so you put more moisturiser on it then it gets softer then you put more on and before you know it you have to use it all the time otherwise your skin gets sore (cause youve moisturised it into 'baby soft' skin.

Pink does nothing for me, i prefer dark colours , i absolutly refuse to buy ripped jeans in the name of fashion i think its one of the most supid things going (but each to thier own). I do a mixed martial art (for want of a better description) but i do that because i enjoy it not because it keeps me fit and looking in a certain way. I do not call my gut/stomach a tummy! :lol::) (even though i think its fine if you do), although i drive a bag of sh*t i do so because it does what i want it to do.

No one has said poor personal hygiene makes you a 'real man'. Infact i dont even like the label of 'real man' because it means vastly differnt things to differnt people. Because of the crap type of work i do i have to shower twice a day and i have to constantly be washing my hands throughout the day. Basically personal hygiene does not equate to grooming/pampering/beautifying.

Do i think your any less of a 'man' for not being as 'rough' as me - not at all.

I see that homosexuality has been mentioned a couple of times on the thread, i dont think that a gay man is any less of a 'man' which might seem odd to some of you but my under my definition of what makes a 'real man' i would ask questions like... all things being equal apart from sexuality would a gay man

Back on to the loss of maculinity, you dont lose it per sey its more the definition of what is considered 'manly' changes over time. Check out the picure on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masculinity things just change over time.

I say it myself sometimes.. things like.. dont be a wuss, or stop being a whimp but as light hearted banter, which is pretty much how i am in the real world (im always taking the p*ss out of people who i know understand that im only joking)

But i dont laugh AT a person, i just think along the lines of wear what you want, be how you be, do what makes you feel right, dont worry about something which gets redefined all the time, be true to yourself, acknowledge your weaknesses , harm no one and live life then it really wont matter to you if you like the colour pink or not :)

Hmm that was longer than i thought it would be :lol:

Hooray for a true gentleman! I agree absolutely!

HOLA4419

Well said, man :)

HOLA4420

yeah, when i went to work in my Laing's donkey jacket I didn't bother with moisturiser...

Moisturiser or no moisturiser, the Seventies were a grim chapter in British history.

Just thinking of what must have happened to those poor defenceless donkeys makes my blood boil.

And did Laing's ever donate to animal charities or donkey sanctuaries ? I don't think so.

HOLA4421

Totally agree Fred.

The high street fashions these days are absolutely awful. It's either dress like a Pop Idol wannabe or forget it.

I have long since stopped going anywhere near these shops and now buy nearly everything from charity shops.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Hmmm... But I think some of the posters on here have missed the point about the "gay thing".

Gay isn't what he's wearing, it's what he's looking at! :P:lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425