• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me but very valid points.

Short and sweet, lost your tongue, had the wind taken out of your sails? :lol:

Hey, what are you doing in the PM center, warning your associates. :rolleyes:

Edited by fedupwaiting

hey lookingafterthekinds, it is 12.10pm annd 14 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)

the 5 Members are: gasket37, the_duke_of_hazzard, no accountant, lookingafterthekids, Phaedrus

it isn't like you to be lost for words :P

The only reason that many others are on here is to try to confirm to themselves on a daily basis what a terrible world we live in and how black everything is.

Well, I'm not. I like reading the debates here. There are a lot of intelligent posters here, and I enjoy reading their posts. If you think it's all crap, then you are free not to read and post.

I have never in my life come accross such a negative bunch.

If your point of view is that not wanting to get into huge amounts of debt to "own" (as in rent off the bank) some shitty two bed terrace is being negative, then at least I am being very negative :)

Again, if we are such a negative bunch, as you claim, why don't you bugger off and do something else? Something that is more positive than trying to wind people up? Nobody is forcing you to keep posting your tripe on here.

The post was originally started to point out that the much hyped and anticipated crash is not yet with us despite the spin pumped out by this site.

So where is it?

When will it happen?

What % falls will we get?

Where?

It appears that although you can produce endless economic data to prove this and that, you cannot answer the above basic questions.

I don't know. I guess enough people still do not think the market is overvalued. I think it is, but that does not mean it's going to crash tomorrow (or indeed ever, although historically, it has happened every time house prices became too high). Again, I am not willing to get into the stupid amounts of debt required to own a shitty property. To me it just does not make any sense.

Also, when and if the crash happens and even in the run up to it, will house sales one day just stop dead and stay that way until everyone decides that prices are back on track? Course they will.

No, of course they wont, and why would they? Everybody will not think that the prices are at bottom at the same time, some might not care about negative equity because they have saved enough to cover this anyway etc etc. There is no reason why sales should stop completely.

Although I can fully understand why many on this site would want prices to drop, what I cannot understand is the negativity, bitterness and presumed superiority of many people who post on here.

I'm not bitter about anything (well, at least not house prices). House prices are in my opinion over-valued. If house prices do not drop, I'm perfectly happy to keep renting, because to me (probably because I'm not British), owning a house is not some holy grail.

Perhaps I'm being a total arrogant twit here, but my god, most people I meet on a daily basis are completely thick. They do things seemingly at random with no analysis of the situation (I'm also guilty of this at times (probably several times a day)). If people do not do any analysis about the market they are buying into (I would be very surprised if the average buyer went into more detail than reading in the mainstream papers that "house prices always go up" and listening to their friends and family), they are being stupid sheep. I am strong enough in my beliefs *not* *to* *be* *bullied* into debt! Most people are not, because they haven't done any analysis of the market and simply assume that "everyone else is doing it, they must be right".

Dnd, you would'nt pay £80,000 for a house let alone £120,000 now. Fine. But why are YOU here. You will never buy a house, so should have no interest in the market so should not really be interested in this site. Or are you just bored? Or need to boost your self esteem? :blink:

Good on Dnd, why should he/she have to pay more than he/she wants? It's a perfectly valid opinion, but all you can do is jump on him/her and make insults.

To me it sounds like it is you who is trying to boost self esteem.

Keep watching, you really are amusing you mug.

Keep up the good work.

:D

Again, there you go making insults.

If you really were looking after your kids, you would want them to be able to at some point own their own house (I'm making that assumption as you think you're superior to us because you do have a couple of btl flats, so surely you'd like your kids to be superior too (I know that if I had kids, I would want them to be better than everyone else, it's only natural)). It would be in their interest to see house prices drop, because otherwise they'd be wage slaves like the rest of the population, so also in your own interest (unless of course you plan on giving all that accumulated wealth of yours away to your kids so that they can buy a shitty studio in a rough part of town, because if house prices keep increasing that's all they will be able to afford).

Also, and this is really funny, you seem to think that house prices can always outstrip wage inflation :D This is not possible, and you are being genuinely thick if you think it is (Funny that, it's a lot easier to make insults than having constructive arguments to back up your view point. Is this why you resort to it all the time?)

Finally, again, if you don't like it here and think we are such a gloomy bunch, please bugger off, we wont miss you very much, and you'd probably feel happier not reading about things that may harm your precious HPI.

It's a fair cop guv :D

But I'm no estate agent :angry:

To quote the fabulous Wikipedia:

"Most online discussion groups are open (especially Usenet) therefore the self-described members have no more right than anyone else to be there. It is tribalistic types (often depraved) who claim that a group is their turf. Unsurprisingly, "troll" very often simply means "newcomer" or a person who says something someone else doesn't like. You can say "the sky is blue" and yet be accused of being a troll"

My views on property differ to some on here but it's a discussion board. For discussions.

Keep up the good work.

No mug..... :P

I did the right thing...... Wanted to move, fortunately sold my house easily.... And not prepared to let the current market situation dictate where i choose to live next.....

Whether it costs me in the long run is up to economics beyond our control...

Guest The_Oldie

We have received the following messages via the "Report Post Facility" from lookingafterthekids.

Although my views on property may differ from others on here, as a discussion board, the subject is open for discussion.

By copying the post within this post you have made my email address public, not a major problem but a breach of privacy by HPC \ mods.

If you felt there was a problem with any of the posts, a message or email would have the obvious approach.

I await your comments at said email address.

I would also ask that the post be removed immediately.

If you take the trouble to look, you will see that the email address is blanked out. Any message sent to *********@********* is hardly likely to reach you is it? Now shoo......

We have received the following messages via the "Report Post Facility" from lookingafterthekids.

If you take the trouble to look, you will see that the email address is blanked out. Any message sent to *********@******** is hardly likely to reach you is it? Now shoo......

But he has a point. You don't need to be much of a detective to 'find' his true email address on the web, do you?

Fortunately he doesn't sound too mad about it but it's another clear breach of privacy as he states.

You should remove the post IMO.

But he has a point. You don't need to be much of a detective to 'find' his true email address on the web, do you?

Fortunately he doesn't sound too mad about it but it's another clear breach of privacy as he states.

Pray, why don`t you do it and let us know how. I am lost how you can convert ********** into someones name. :blink:

Guest The_Oldie

It was a forgone conclusion you would pop up on this thread sooner or later to have your usual dig at the moderators :rolleyes:.

It was a forgone conclusion you would pop up on this thread sooner or later to have your usual dig at the moderators :rolleyes:.

Well the kiddo did PM someone earlier see my earlier post. These two are more like Nip and Grip. :D

Dnd, you would'nt pay £80,000 for a house let alone £120,000 now. Fine. But why are YOU here. You will never buy a house, so should have no interest in the market so should not really be interested in this site. Or are you just bored? Or need to boost your self esteem? :blink:

Keep up the good work.

RESULT!!!! :lol:

Everybody else can see what's going to happen - it's common sense - why can't/won't you?

Edited by dnd

I see you've trolled LATK. I'm not complaining about that. I just think you have overlooked the ease at which the true email address can be found.

Pray, why don`t you do it and let us know how. I am lost how you can convert ********** into someones name

Well I managed it in a few seconds... One of the * is a '*', one is an '*' and one is a '*' etc.

If you have any kids aged above about 10 years they will be able to help you with this basic task on the internet.

Edit: I see the mods edited this post without flagging the fact. Thanks guys.

[Mod Edit: It was necessary as you had posted information that might have lead to someone identifying lookingafterthekids email address]

I only gave out three letters. and it was a long email address! But I see you have removed the original post I was referring to. So no probs then

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

I see you've trolled LATK. I'm not complaining about that. I just think you have overlooked the ease at which the true email address can be found.

Well I managed it in a few seconds... One of the * is a '*', one is an '*' and one is a '*' etc.

If you have any kids aged above about 10 years they will be able to help you with this basic task on the internet.

The real question is how come you always jump to the defence of those who are found out to be VI plants ?

In anycase "*******" freely gave an email address out on an internet forum, he made it public knowladge on the world wide web...so whats you gripe exactly?

Edited by The_Oldie

I was half expecting to see people on this thread posting words like n00B, l33t and pwned! This thread feels like it's been taken over by the kids from the CounterStrike forums. Any new users reading this thread today probably won't return to the forum. They'll look elsewhere for some serious discussion.

Can't this thread be moved or deleted? Having it on the front page of the forum doesn't reflect very well on the quality of the usual discussions.

Guest Bart of Darkness

loookingafterthekids always struck me as pure troll material. Not much in the way of counter-argument, just ya boo sucks to those who can't afford to buy and petty insults.

Interstingly LATK was often to be found on here at 3 or 4 in the AM.

Obviously someone else was "looking after the kids" in the morning. :)