House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ca-uk

Rightmove/estate Agent Conspiracy Theories!

Hello

I found it interesting today that a number of houses have magically reappeared all at the same time from their previous status of 'under offer' or 'sold stc' on the rightmove website. I'm normally a sceptic when it comes to conspiracy theories, but the timing of this given the other nights programme seemed too much of a coincidence. Would about 10 houses all have offers retracted/contracts fall through all on the same day?

Could be a conspiracy, could be estate agent put the changes into one bulk (though they don't do them in bulk when they go under offer/sold stc).

Also noticed how on rightmove you have to tick specifically to see under offer/sold stc - maybe agents use this change of status to stop them appearing in most peoples search, hiding them for a while so people don't notice they've been on the market for a long time.

Who knows.. not sure what the benefits would be and to who...

Another point i have just thought of - do these properties set as 'sold stc' then appear in the rightmove statistics - i.e - are rightmove statistics based on subject to contract agreements, or actual signed and completed sales?

Could be worth looking into..

Another point i have just thought of - do these properties set as 'sold stc' then appear in the rightmove statistics - i.e - are rightmove statistics based on subject to contract agreements, or actual signed and completed sales?

Could be worth looking into..

No matter what we think - RM figures are speculative/selective/bias/cooked/unreliable.

If you remember that you will be alright :)

BTW Rightmoves March index was not published by ANYONE?

Have they lost credibility???

I think so :lol:

BTW Rightmoves March index was not published by ANYONE?

Was it published by Right Move? Have they stopped compiling it, or have people simply stopped reporting it?

One indicator of a bubble is indices proliferation: more measures of the price of whatever it is (tulips, gold, shares, etc). If Right Move have gone quiet, that's another indicator that the bubble is popping...

Guest consa

They have re-assessed their figures and found a flaw. They will not report for fear of a share slide. :lol::lol: (that is almost believable)

hence the trolls(sad muppets)