House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allthatglitters

Cars Not Selling?

Got as cold call last night from a large, well known, new and used car dealership (North Glasgow) that I bought a new car from a couple of years ago asking if i was thinking of changing my car soon.

Caller said that they were currently making "courtesy" calls (yeah right) to valued customers.

I've never had this happen before.

Stinks of desperation to me.

But Gordon says the Economy is on track (yeah to hit the buffers) :lol:

Got as cold call last night from a large, well known, new and used car dealership (North Glasgow) that I bought a new car from a couple of years ago asking if i was thinking of changing my car soon.

Caller said that they were currently making "courtesy" calls (yeah right) to valued customers.

I've never had this happen before.

Stinks of desperation to me.

But Gordon says the Economy is on track (yeah to hit the buffers) :lol:

Not according to this report out today:

http://www.iii.co.uk/news/?type=afxnews&ar...&action=article

LONDON (AFX) -
UK car production fell sharply in the three months to February, dragged lower by falls in both exports and domestic orders, figures from the Office for National Statistics showed.
On a seasonally adjusted basis, car output in the three months to February fell by 5.7 pct compared with the three months to December and by 10.1 pct on the same period a year earlier.
In the three-months to January, there were corresponding falls of 7.6 pct and 8.9 pct respectively.
On a three-monthly comparison, export orders fell by 4.5 pct, while production allocated for the home market fell by 9.0 pct.
On a year-on-year basis, exports were down by 10.1 pct while production for the home market slumped by 26.5 pct.

I have only seen one 06 so far.

Edited by Realistbear