House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slater14

More Computer Help! Directory And Logs And Things

Hiya guys,

Jesus! I dont believe this! The only place I can get answers to computer problems is on HPC :D:D

Who would have thought HPC would diversify into IT support....with no premium rate numbers or monthly fees

NOTE to Webmaster - possible income stream?

Here we go again!!!

Been chatting to a very nice man in IT and he doesnt have a clue about the problem at hand but wants me to send him some info.

He very kindly sent me some instructions (which I have attached) but I dont know how to access the directory of which he speaks :rolleyes::rolleyes: ........maybe he thinks I know how to use a computer <_<

How do I access this directory or log thingy???

........................................................................................................................................................

As discussed earlier please write back to us including any log files that may have been created. You will find them in the Turbo Lister directory and the file name will be Tl.log or something like Tl.log.bak5.log. Please send us the contents of the TL.log file so that we can investigate this matter further.

Click "Start" then "Search" -> "For Files or Folders" and type the filename in. It should be fairly unique and should pop up.

Turbo Lister's log file is normally located at:

C:\Program Files\eBay\Turbo Lister\tl.log

The latest release of Turbo Lister appears to be problematic.

You might like to try The Poster Toaster (Windows, freeware):

http://www.thepostertoaster.com/

Any Mac users looking for similar, try GarageSale:

http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

Click "Start" then "Search" -> "For Files or Folders" and type the filename in. It should be fairly unique and should pop up.

I'm a bit late replying, but thanks very much. I got your message and it worked perfectly.

I'm a bit late replying, but thanks very much. I got your message and it worked perfectly.

You're most welcome mate!