House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Foxtons' Criminality And Mortgage Fraud - All Lead To Same Result:

The documentary on Estate Agents' fraud and dishonesty last night is just one of many criminal scams - You can put it alongside Mortage Fraud - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...89entry259289 -

- all of which have led to the huge 3+x increase in real house prices in 10 years. Any lawyers out there? A Class Action by all who - as a result of this multiple fraud accross the "Housing Industry" [EA's, Mortgage Brokers, Finance Houses etc.] - all to varying degrees have pumped up prices and THUS - affected people's lives utterly - ....... If this MASSIVE price-fixing happened anywhere else.... e.g. the City - there would be an outcry and legal remedies and prosecutions...... Why can't this be the case too against all these dishonest people in the EA & Finance Sector? ........

The documentary on Estate Agents' fraud and dishonesty last night is just one of many criminal scams - You can put it alongside Mortage Fraud - http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...89entry259289 -

- all of which have led to the huge 3+x increase in real house prices in 10 years. Any lawyers out there? A Class Action by all who - as a result of this multiple fraud accross the "Housing Industry" [EA's, Mortgage Brokers, Finance Houses etc.] - all to varying degrees have pumped up prices and THUS - affected people's lives utterly - ....... If this MASSIVE price-fixing happened anywhere else.... e.g. the City - there would be an outcry and legal remedies and prosecutions...... Why can't this be the case too against all these dishonest people in the EA & Finance Sector? ........

From my observation, a number of offences were committed:

1. Forgery (passport)

2. Theft (Journalist's property)

3. Conspiracy to Defraud (collusion with mortgage broker, undervaluing old man's house)

4. Obtaining by deception (agreements to sell properties)

5. Money Laundering (kick backs)

If the CPS are not examining the BBC tape they need to do so.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I thought the passing on of clients personal finances by their mortgage brokers so Foxton`s staff could up the anti was disgusting and surely illegal.

I thought the passing on of clients personal finances by their mortgage brokers so Foxton`s staff could up the anti was disgusting and surely illegal.

Agree entirely. Mind you I thought Foxtons were scum even before this went out.

Don't leave breach of the data protection act off the list....

1. Forgery (passport)

2. Theft (Journalist's property)

3. Conspiracy to Defraud (collusion with mortgage broker, undervaluing old man's house)

4. Obtaining by deception (agreements to sell properties)

5. Money Laundering (kick backs)

It's so depressing - but I bet you anything they're doing nothing about it....

Edited by eric pebble

Guest Riser

Probably in breach of the Data Protection Act which I think ca land them in serious trouble

- all of which have led to the huge 3+x increase in real house prices in 10 years. Any lawyers out by all who - as a result of this multiple fraud accross the "Housing Industry" [EA's, Mortgage Brokers, Finance Houses etc.] - all to varying degrees have pumped up prices.... [eric pebble]

When an auction lot is bid up to a ridiculous price one doesn't blame the seller or the auctioneer. It's only the buyers who are to blame.

I thought the passing on of clients personal finances by their mortgage brokers so Foxton's staff could up the anti was disgusting and surely illegal. [CTT]

Yes, it's an offence under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Both the mortgage broker and estate agent could be prosecuted for the common law offence of conspiracy to defraud or more specific statutory offences under the Theft Act 1968 as amended. The client could also sue for breach of contract (duty to keep personal information private and confidential).

It's not more red tape and regulation that's required, just enforcement of the existing rules.

There's not a chance in hell of anything happening, Gordon's entire economic miracle is premised on this sham. It will make the dotcom bubble and Enron appear like small cheese when the sh!t finally hits the fan, then people will start asking questions.

It's not more red tape and regulation that's required, just enforcement of the existing rules.

Well Jeff on this I have to agree. There is some sort of manic overdrive thing that is going on in Whitehall (I think they have some sort of collective obsessive compulsive disorder). Its like so many things in this country. Implement and prioritise the law selectively based upon resource decisions, and then when things get out of hand because you haven't bothered to implement the law uniformly, add another law that will also disppear into the hyper-paper trail of 'initiatives' that wer'nt implemented.

And of course how could your humble copper keep up with the range of offences? They have only just learned one name for it when it is changed to something else. But then the humble copper is not the target of the new 'initiative'. The media is. This country is run on faint impressions... and Jordan's tits.

What was the strength of evidence presented? I can't remember exactly, but I thought we were told that this had happened as hearsay, but that we didn't see documents or property recorded conversations/encounters that were undeniable proof. Hence while I personally believe that details were passed on, the required level of proof for criminal proceedings may not have been reached. Is this correct?

Billy Shears

Guest Guy_Montag

Well Jeff on this I have to agree. There is some sort of manic overdrive thing that is going on in Whitehall (I think they have some sort of collective obsessive compulsive disorder). Its like so many things in this country. Implement and prioritise the law selectively based upon resource decisions, and then when things get out of hand because you haven't bothered to implement the law uniformly, add another law that will also disppear into the hyper-paper trail of 'initiatives' that wer'nt implemented.

And of course how could your humble copper keep up with the range of offences? They have only just learned one name for it when it is changed to something else. But then the humble copper is not the target of the new 'initiative'. The media is. This country is run on faint impressions... and Jordan's tits.

I heartily agree, rather than new crimes being created we need proper inforcement of those on the books.

I wouldn't blame civil servants for this, I blame the politicians, who must be seen to "do something". & so a new law comes into being.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

What was the strength of evidence presented? I can't remember exactly, but I thought we were told that this had happened as hearsay, but that we didn't see documents or property recorded conversations/encounters that were undeniable proof. Hence while I personally believe that details were passed on, the required level of proof for criminal proceedings may not have been reached. Is this correct?

Billy Shears

I`m sure one clip showed two of the female staff at Foxtons discussing this and one said to the other push them up to 285 but don`t let on we know their finances or words to that effect as we could be in trouble. I will replay the recording to confirm I heard this.

Edit: I`ve just replayed the recording and that is more or less correct.