House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

plummeting_prices

New Idea - Pay My Mortgage Without Paying Me A Penny

Hi,

I've just created a website and was wondering what you all think of it. I am not trying to spam this forum and if this violates any rules I would be happy for this thread to be deleted (I have been a member of this forum for quite a while and even posted free links to mortgage calculator software that I developed in the past).

Anyway, before I start spending huge amounts of money on advertising the site, could any of you review the site and let me know your thoughts on its' potential.

The site is www.manicmortgage.com.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Ronan

P.S. I do believe in most of your theories about a pending HPC. However, I thought I'd start the website now so that it is well established by the time I do purchase a house.

Hi,

I've just created a website and was wondering what you all think of it. I am not trying to spam this forum and if this violates any rules I would be happy for this thread to be deleted (I have been a member of this forum for quite a while and even posted free links to mortgage calculator software that I developed in the past).

Anyway, before I start spending huge amounts of money on advertising the site, could any of you review the site and let me know your thoughts on its' potential.

The site is www.manicmortgage.com.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Ronan

P.S. I do believe in most of your theories about a pending HPC. However, I thought I'd start the website now so that it is well established by the time I do purchase a house.

Whats your mechanism for unsubscribing people from the system? Without that it would be illegal to do this in the UK and given that you don't mention the process anywhere on your site I wouldn't be signing up. Other than an assurance what are you going to do technically to stop people getting more than one email per month? What methods do you have in place for validating email addresses, how are you going to prove to advertisers that the email addresses are valid?

400,000 email addresses is a huge number, conversion rates are seriously low and you would need a hell of a lot of visits to get anywhere near 400,000 people to sign up. Your audience is also too wide for advertisers to be interested in my opinion, if I was a credit card company I'd want an assurance that all 400,000 people were interested in a credit card before I parted with my hard earned £525 cash.

I'm not trying to slag the idea off but I personally don't think it's a going to work. The biggest reason is simply because there is nothing in it for me as a user. Why should I sign up? There is simply nothing in it for me (other than to risk having my email inbox flooded with junk mail).

Personally I think you biggest problem is you underestimate how much it would cost to promote the site, from what I can see the maximum potential you can make from your site is £525 a month no more than that. Just to get 400,000 people to come to your site (lets say for the sake or argument they all sign up) you have to pay as little as 0.0001315p per person to even break even. Given you are selling that data at £1 per 761 email addresses the numbers just don't stack up, if it was possible to do that advertisers would simply do that themselves.

The way people make money from this sort of thing is by selling the data multiple times, given you are allowing just one email people won't be interested.

How to you plan to advertise?

I think Ronan is a meeja stoodent - this is just a stunt - like the million dollar homepage.

Good idea though Ronan - best of luck.

Go n-eiri an bothar leat....

I think Ronan is a meeja stoodent - this is just a stunt - like the million dollar homepage.

Good idea though Ronan - best of luck.

Go n-eiri an bothar leat....

I agree but the million dollar home page was different, it had to important things that this site lacks. 1. it has curiosity appeal - people want to see the site and therefore advertisers get their adds seen 2. Advertisers could scale the add to what they could afford and got repeat benefit for point 1.

million dollar home page :

users didn't have to do anything, advertisers got a constant advert and the site was sell promoting.

manicmortgage :

users get an email they don't want, advertisers get one hit at an audience and it would'nt make anywhere near enough to cover advertising cost let alone pay for a mortgage payment for 25 years.

I'm not being negative about it for any other reason than iI can't see it going anywhere and wouldn't want you to throw good money after bad. I'm trying to lend my experience which is with companies who do actually make money out of this sort of thing (I can't go into specifics because of confidentiality)

It reminds me of that Karyn chick who was begging people for money cuz she had run up 40K USD in CC debt.

If I remember right she got enough suckers people to gve her money to pay off her debt in a matter of months.