House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beenhearingthisforyears

What Can Be Done About Ea's

Was disgusted tonight even though I know from personal experiences how dodgy EA's are. Sold one bed few year ago, and had problem with several EA's in East London. Tried 3 in the end and all as bad as each other. Worst lie was EA (large chain) phoning to tell me "Miss Smith" was very interested and wanted 2nd viewing and 3 others had viewed that week. They even gave me feedback on what the punters had said. Funny that.. as I had visited flat the weekend b4 to collect post and inadvertently double locked the front door. EA only had the one key. So NO ONE could gain access. I challenged them and they released me from contract as sole agent. (Manager "blamed" new negotiator and said she would be "disciplined") The other 2 agents were con artists and tried to rip me off too....

What do you think will happen and what should happen.

In a macabre way could it actually even entice sellers to Foxtons knowing they will get max price possible?

Edited by beenhearingthisforyears

Guest Charlie The Tramp

In a macabre way could it actually even entice sellers to Foxtons knowing they will get max price possible?

It could also frighten the buyers knowing they could be ripped off. ;) Would you use them if you were buying and was aware at this publicity.

I have had some very bad dealings recently with an estate agent in east London - jennie wood properties, www.jenniewoodproperties.co.uk....

the lady i dealt with their is the director "jennie wood" - she is an absolute loon, it seems that she is worse then these guys at Foxtons - she is so unprofessional and she tried all these lines on about "another buyer" - she tried to bully myself and my partner (FTB's) in to taking the property off her. She even bad mouthed other agents that she found out we were looking with!!!

she seems like an absolute con from start to finish - i dont think she has been around to long and dont think she will be around much longer if she thinks she can treat people in this way!!

should include her in any emails to vent disgust in these shoddy agents - they shouldnt be able to get away with it - info@jenniewoodproperties.co.uk

regards,

disgruntled consumer

btw - we have now found a house (sale almost through) - through an agent who was actually, dare i say it, GOOD!!!! they are not all bad!!!!!

I have had some very bad dealings recently with an estate agent in east London - jennie wood properties, www.jenniewoodproperties.co.uk....

the lady i dealt with their is the director "jennie wood" - she is an absolute loon, it seems that she is worse then these guys at Foxtons - she is so unprofessional and she tried all these lines on about "another buyer" - she tried to bully myself and my partner (FTB's) in to taking the property off her. She even bad mouthed other agents that she found out we were looking with!!!

she seems like an absolute con from start to finish - i dont think she has been around to long and dont think she will be around much longer if she thinks she can treat people in this way!!

should include her in any emails to vent disgust in these shoddy agents - they shouldnt be able to get away with it - info@jenniewoodproperties.co.uk

regards,

disgruntled consumer

btw - we have now found a house (sale almost through) - through an agent who was actually, dare i say it, GOOD!!!! they are not all bad!

or are they?

I have has some very bad dealings with Mitchells chain in Westbourne -who put an illegal for sale board outside my former house,after I had disinstructed them .

They blitzed every roundabout in Poole and Bourenmouth with 'Merry Xmas ' signs at Christmas -they put signs up everywhere even when they have no instructions -all their negotiators drive convertible BMW'S

and when I recently phoned up to enquire about a place near the sea they were marketing -i was snootily told 'You do realise its £369k dont you'?--awful lot of cunning/cheating agents round here.

I agree with Charlie while it might be a draw for a certain level of seller it would be turn off for buyers knowing they are being exploited.

I had the pleasure of working with 2 agents when I sold in 2004, one at the Halifax was nice enough but only got about 5 viewings and 0 offers and then an independant who was great, sold in a week when it had been on for 6 months with Halifax.

I think you just need to be as cunning as they are. Definatley get a number of opinions and play them off each other.

I remember selling our first flat. I had bought in 93 for 38K, renovated it and 8 years later first valuation was 45K.! The agent looked at the floor when telling us the valuation!!, next agent valued at 90k.!! Sold it for 75k.!!!

Sold our last house and 80K difference between the lowest and highest valuation.!!

My brother-in laws friend has turned around 15 properties in the past 2 years dealing with an agent, buying below market value and giving the agent cash in the back pocket!!.

It must be regulated..

Lou

What do you think will happen and what should happen.

Need a clear code of practice and a seperate regulatory body to deal with complaints with some power to tackle breaches. Doubt it'll happen as EA's will have to pay for it themselves.