House Price Crash Forum

Tomorrow's Headline

Guest Winners and Losers

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

If I was a Foxtons employee, I'd seriously consider resigning.

Sooner or later, they'll be invited to perform a valuation on a false pretext, only to find that there's group of disgruntled victims waiting with baseball bats, eager to dispense justice.

I've just attached a couple of nails to my bat.

Honestly, if I was in the right company I could see myself stoning one of their offices in the night.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Wait ..... you are saying there are actually people who DON'T think EA's are greasy, lying, thieving, cheating, nazi scumbags ??

Personally, I reckon EA's are just gonna become the scapegoats for all the speculative greed and follow the heard mentality that has been going on for the past decade ....... good, serves the b@stards right !! :D

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Hang on a sec....did this really surprise anyone?

I mean really?

This sort of low level sh1te goes on everywhere, all the time.

Whats new about it?

Got to agree. The process of business in capitalist society is based on lies, as is the corporate propaganda of advertising. IMO, its been really bad since yuppie 1980's. Its nice to see them get caught red handed, but the real scandal is the lack of regulation & failure to enforce it.

Why is that? Considering its the biggest purchase of folks lives. Perhaps the EA's/Banks /Builders property cartel are as strong a lobby as the notorious airline lobby to avoid tax & regulation. What ever happened about Global Dimming re: jet pollution after the post 911 tv doc on it?

There needs to be a high profile campaign to promote ethics & honest role models generally (without religious dogma), along with respect for those who catch these EA sharks . Sadly in business the dishonest appear to get away with it often, and force their competitors to be more ruthless/ fraudulant to be able to compete & stay in business.

IMO, the convicted should have their assets sold to pay for their prison term expenses, why should the tax payer pay?

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4412

There is no doubt that some of the activities shown on that program are CRIMINAL and CUSTODIAL sentences SHOULD be handed out. There were also a lot of MORAL issues also.

The majority of the blame is with the owners. But the staff are not blameless. As the BBC reporter did at the end of the programme, if they werent happy doing what they did they had the option to leave. None chose to so these are SCUMBAGS too.

The fact there is no regulation is demonstrated in a Radio advert on a Liverpool Radio Station.

"I used to clean houses", now I have set up my own EA and now I "sell houses" :blink:

Is your EA a cleaner?? Beggars belief that anyone can trust these people.

What last night did do is show the NAIVE people out there that EA's are just GLORIFIED SALE PEOPLE. An EA does NOT do you any favours, any more than a doorstep canvasser. I know there are a lot of people out there that feel betrayed. The answer is simple.

Take your house off the market. If its up with Foxtons then the chances are that anyone who saw that programme last night will either NOT BUY IT, or if they have had an offer accepted, they will PULL OUT.

I CANT BELIEVE LIVERPOOL WIN 7-0 AND I'M TALKING ABOUT F'KIN HOUSES :)

TB

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Anyone hear that B&Q are importing workers from Poland as part of a venture to move into decorating and plumbing type stuff? UK workers must be too expensive for them. As an aside, about half of my colleagues are Indian.

:huh:

UK workers are TOO expensive because the cost of living is TOO EXPENSIVE.

Let us not forget that these POLISH workers get the cash and send the majority of it OUT THE COUNTRY. So for every Polish worker, not only do they take a job but they cost 000's of jobs by not spending the money here (shops etc).

This country needs a kick up the ass!! :ph34r:

TB

Edited by teddyboy

HOLA4415

or "FoxTurds" perhaps, and don't worry about the threats to sue :)

Foxturds_copy.jpg

post-2149-1143026543.jpg

HOLA4416

Great!

Add ...

Che@ting, lying, b@stards - as shown on BBC1

below it and get 100 tee shirts printed.

Get 100 people off here who live in London to parade around outside the various Foxtons branches.

Put them out of business.

That programme is already wrapping yesterday's chips - you have to keep this alive.

This is the big opportunity for you youngsters to do something and, in the process, raise the profile of 'a generation priced out of home ownership by unscrupulous Estate Agents and pariah BTL investors'

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

:lol::lol: Thanks Solvent !

Tagline:

Government banned fox hunting

Mad prices banned house hunting

Help Ban lying cheating Foxturds !

As seen on bbc http://www.psview.plus.com/

how about...

foxturds_t_shirt.jpg

post-2149-1143030187.jpg

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

too much spare time today...

foxturds2.jpg

post-2149-1143049059.jpg

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I mean really?

Whats new about it?

But it still shocks people. The low level shite may be going on everywhere, but we don't expect that the people that seem so sincere in our own lives are doing it. I wouldn't expect it from one of my colleagues (although I would expect it from an EA). I was shocked that they managed to get the tape. I was shocked even though its pretty much what I expected, because it is beneath the behaviour I observe in my own office and in my own life. It wasn't so much the fact that it goes on, but the raw exposure. Whats new is that they have the evidence, and I reckon at least 1 person is going down. Expose enough of it and the bullies might be bullied into decent behaviour, or might go bankrupt!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I mean really?

Whats new about it?

If the british public stopped living in a dreamworld, it couldn't happen.

We have been suckered into believing that laws will protect us from dodgy dealing, they won't!

The french have a name for it "Caviet (something or other)"......."Let the buyer beware".

If you take the view that in any business deal the other party will try to gain an advantage (rip you off), then you will take more care to protect yourself.

My company owns a furniture store, the number of people who are happy to pay up front for goods ordered is crazy, I only ask for a deposit, yet some people insist on paying me the full amount. I accept only because I know that I can deliver the goods.

I don't believe a word anyone tells me, when I am buying (read: being sold), I've been selling for over 30 years.