House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DoubleBubbleTrouble

What Is "official Government Policy" On The Housing Market

Does anyone actually know what the goverment's official policies are on the housing market?

I mean obviously there's been initiative here and there but where is the meat of it?

Does anyone actually know what the goverment's official policies are on the housing market?

I mean obviously there's been initiative here and there but where is the meat of it?

Hi,

Well, obviously, in an era of neuro-brain surgery, missons-to-mars, genome engineering and the like, if there was a political will amongst the government, banks and town planners, decent affordable housing would be a formality. In reality, high house prices are a nice vote winner for the older, property owner generations and a nice way out of for some (via BTL) of the government induced pensions fiasco. Artificially high house prices are a deliberate political tool of manipulation and convenience for the current administration, it is a tacit policy. I am surprised that many younger generations are not pee'd off with it. Look through history and around the world, political shenanegans within land rights and property can be found the width and breadth of this planet, this lot are no different, just better at inducing mass hypnosis amongst the population. Maybe the solution would be for younger generations to club together and nonchalantly buy a patch of green belt land and then BANG! Build a whole flippin village on it like those gypsies on the Tele last night. That Gypsiy town is so big now that the cost of Army, police and Bailfs required to evict them is prohibitive, so they are saying put. TTRTR is probably viewing some BTL investments there now! :lol::lol::lol::unsure:

Boomer

Edited by boom_and_bust

I think Labour are starting to cotton on that they are not going to win an outright majority at the next elections. Therefore if there is going to be a crash they will want to delay it for as long as possible until the next party of government (or coalition) comes in.

I think it's futile however and despite all the reactive policies Brown et al come out with over the next 12 months it won't be enough and will only delay the inevitable.

To own as many as possible?

how about ramp it up-tax it down.

they did it with the 3G mobile licences too in 1999 and look what happened just after that!!

we've had the ramping up bit already,so if the beeb are reporting shonky EA'a then there's going to be a nasty sting in the tail for homeowners tomorrow for sure.

the government ARE going to let a crash happen!!!!

....we've already had the reversal on SIPPS.

new BTL/HMO regs are due in next month

Public sector borrowing MUCH higher than expected last month.

supposedly strong housing data of late???

sounds like a recipe for higher taxes and/or IRs to me.