House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slater14

Women, Cars, Accidents And Windows Picture File

Came home yesterday to find my motor has had "a little bump"...her words NOT mine :angry: :angry:

she managed to find a stationary concrete wall to hug in a shopping centre car park. HOW?

I'll giver her credit though, when she parked it up, she stuck it right up next to the bushes so I couldnt see it until she had chance to soften me up a bit first.....it didnt work :angry:

What to do? Claim on the insurance and lose my full no claims or take it on the chin and pay it myself?

Mercedes want a grand to do the front wing and a bit of bumper. Granted, they are colour coded but it still seems a bit rich to me.

thats my little rant finished. I hate the following: (in no particular order)

1. My girly

2. Main dealers

3. Insurance companies

4. Concrete walls

5. Shopping centres

Windows Pictures -

I want to know how to highlight a group of pictures all at once in the same file.

EXAMPLE:

I have a file in 'My Pictures' called Pics 1 in that file are 50 photos. I want to upload all 50 photos onto a picture hosting service but I can only upload them one at a time because as I click on the picture the outline turns blue then double click and it sends it to the upload file.

Can I highlight all 50 photos so that I can send them all across to the uploader in one go?

When I take photos on my camera and use the camera wizard thing, right at the end when its finished, all 50 photos are highlighted blue (i.e. ready for all 50 to be copied or sent to another file)

I wan to be able to highlight the lot at once, not unlike when you copy text - you just click the mouse and drag over the text and it highlights it.....its a bit long winded but I hope you get my drift.

I want to know how to highlight a group of pictures all at once in the same file.

EXAMPLE:

I have a file in 'My Pictures' called Pics 1 in that file are 50 photos. I want to upload all 50 photos onto a picture hosting service but I can only upload them one at a time because as I click on the picture the outline turns blue then double click and it sends it to the upload file.

Can I highlight all 50 photos so that I can send them all across to the uploader in one go?

When I take photos on my camera and use the camera wizard thing, right at the end when its finished, all 50 photos are highlighted blue (i.e. ready for all 50 to be copied or sent to another file)

I wan to be able to highlight the lot at once, not unlike when you copy text - you just click the mouse and drag over the text and it highlights it.....its a bit long winded but I hope you get my drift.

Crtl+A??

EXAMPLE:

Ctrl+A?

Shame about the car.

Ctrl A should do fine.

You can also hold Ctrl and click the individual files once to multiselect. And double click on the last file to upload only those selected.

You could also try clicking on the top file and then holding shift and double clicking on the bottom file, this should highlight and upload everything in between the top and bottom files.

Good luck with the car and your files!

NDL

Ctrl+A?

It WORKS yay! :D:D:D

Now THATS what I call service!! :D:D:D

I have been on the phone to half a dozen different helplines (Dell, Microsoft, eBay, linksys) and wasted a whole dasy f@nnying about with this trying to get an answer after looking through the help files online and offline....and HPC comes up trumps in less than 3 minutes of posting a question.

I love you you guys. :D:D:D

....ctrl+A its not the most obvious two buttons to try pressing!!! I presume theres a good reason why they hide it in them buttons?...maybe it just to confuse me :(

I feel paranoid today.

I wouldnt bother claiming on the insurance if its gonna cost you your no-claims, but thats your decision.

You can source car parts on the web cheaper than a dealer and WAY cheaper than a main dealer.

Fitting wings and bumpers is fairly uncomplicated but I'd go to a local dealer, get a quote, then (as a surprise) produce the parts yourself.

They love that those honest, upstanding, cuddly garagemen :)

Now now slater, material goods are replacable and all that :) Hey your wing repair costs nearly twice what what whole car costs :lol: If she felt the need to conceal it in some way until she could speak to you then it means that she feals guilt/shame over it and knows that you would be upset about it.

The emotional wieght that must of placed on her would be more than punishment enough and im sure if she could undo it all she would , accidents happen and i think at a time of emotional distress you should of maybe given her a hug and shown her some support.

:lol: OK Ok i cant keep it going, dude she trashed your merc make her work it off then make her work for her own insurance policy :)

OK This is one for Shakerbaby or any other tech wiz out there. I have a file in Word that contains sound as well. How do I drop it into somewhere like here. If I cut and paste I only get the text, no sound. I tried to transfer without any luck. What am I doing wrong? Also. how do I get any other file from C Drive here?

Thanks in advance.

OK This is one for Shakerbaby or any other tech wiz out there. I have a file in Word that contains sound as well. How do I drop it into somewhere like here. If I cut and paste I only get the text, no sound. I tried to transfer without any luck. What am I doing wrong? Also. how do I get any other file from C Drive here?

Thanks in advance.

Click reply

Scroll down to 'File Attachments' box (a couple of boxes below the white space you type your reply in)

Click 'Browse...'

Select the file you wanna attach then click 'Add This Attachment'

Note: to attach a file you must have enough 'Global Space' left.

:)

Had ex girlie do something similiar to my car! I was annoyed at being woken more than the damage :lol:

EDIT: see others have answered

Came home yesterday to find my motor has had "a little bump"...her words NOT mine :angry: :angry:

she managed to find a stationary concrete wall to hug in a shopping centre car park. HOW?

I did the same thing once. Good thing hubby was nice about it. I felt like the biggest fattest idiot in the word for backing into a huge concrete Piling. They even went to all the trouble to paint it red. I have no clue how I missed it.

I did the same thing once. Good thing hubby was nice about it. I felt like the biggest fattest idiot in the word for backing into a huge concrete Piling. They even went to all the trouble to paint it red. I have no clue how I missed it.

Dont worry you can reconcile yourself with the knowledge that women are better drivers hence the low premiums, all accidents are to be logged through the husbands / mans policy, oh and wheres all the female fomula 1 winners?

:lol: honestly i am taking the p*ss, in general i think we all know that women are *generally* safer drivers (not better drivers). Lower proportion of girl racers compared to boy racers, more traveling done by men so an increased probability in crashing, men prodominantly driver when theres a choice between him or her driving.

On a serious note with hitting walls n stuff, accidents happen and the only really important point (which i know you will all agree with me on) is that people , especially loved ones arnt hurt in the process.

Ladies if you damage ya blokes car he will be p*ssed off but he'll still love ya :)

Think of it as the guy is more p*ssed off with the situation rather than you.

Anyways im nearly late for work and i believe that by definition when a activity adversley affects your normal working life repeatedly its an addiction.

:lol:

Dont worry you can reconcile yourself with the knowledge that women are better drivers hence the low premiums, all accidents are to be logged through the husbands / mans policy, oh and wheres all the female fomula 1 winners?

I will have you know that time my car was totaled, by that car with no driver....That was sooooooo not my fault.

:blink::blink::blink::P:lol:B)

men prodominantly driver when theres a choice between him or her driving.

Except for on a night out when it's always my turn to drive. Doesn't bother him the rest of the time when he'll automatically assume he's driving :rolleyes:

My husband is an angel considering my "fluffy bunny" moments.

Regarding cars however:

Number one moment:

Decided to fill up the screenwash. (Bearing in mind during your test now you have to show the examiner where things like things are under the bonnet - and i had done this a few months earlier.) Well i looked under the bonnet - and i just couldn't see the cap anywhere. I started to get a bit impatient. I tried to use logic - which failed miserably. I thought - oh, its a German car - it must be different, there's a cap right by the windscreen so that must be it!! Whoops!! So i started to pour in the screenwash. However the screenwash didn't seem to go down very easily - so i rang hubby. As soon as he said "are you sure it's the right one?." I spotted the fatal error, and realised it wasn't the right cap. On closer inspection from my long suffering other half - it was concluded i had topped up the brake fluid.

Then only yesterday, i parked the car - went to my bank with the little one, (due to my possible money laundering i was 40 mins), decided to have lunch - but realised that would have to be put on hold as i had completely forgotten to buy a ticket. £40 cheque written in a very calm and collected manner, by Mr bubblepop.

One that wasn't my fault when driving - was when a caravan came careering towards us freewheeling down a hill - because some youths had decided to take it on a joy ride - minus the car - i averted that one with my skillful driving!

Then along with all the other losing train tickets, switching off the freezer on several occasions by accident, plus much, much more. Chaps - consider all your other halves endearing little qualities, and read this again, and thank God you are not married to me!

Except for on a night out when it's always my turn to drive. Doesn't bother him the rest of the time when he'll automatically assume he's driving :rolleyes:

me with 'prodominantly' stands out a mile ... prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly prEdominantly v prEdominantly prEdominantly.