House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Escape To The Country

BBC tv now

Siegfred Sassoon's house on for 895k

Same chap as in bbc article from Thursday, 29 July, 2004, where he's after 800k for it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/kent/3935875.stm

Can't see it as being sold on

http://www.houseprices.co.uk/e.php?q=Matfield&s=31&f=pd&n=10

Escape to the Country

3:30pm - 4:30pm

BBC2 North West

VIDEO Plus+: 36570

Repeat, Subtitled, Widescreen [No idea when it was first shown]

Clapham to Tunbridge Wells

A series which helps prospective buyers find their dream home in the country. Melissa Porter helps a family find the perfect home on the Kent/East Sussex border.

Just thought that this was interesting to have a 95k difference.

Guest Cletus VanDamme

Ah yes, Escape to the Country. Where NuBoomers cash in their equity, offloading the debt onto the next generation. The irony is that to 'escape to the country' their equity now only buys them an almshouse or fisherman's cottage that generations ago would have been given for free to the rural working poor.

Ah yes, Escape to the Country. Where NuBoomers cash in their equity, offloading the debt onto the next generation. The irony is that to 'escape to the country' their equity now only buys them an almshouse or fisherman's cottage that generations ago would have been given for free to the rural working poor.

And your solution is?

Edited by nodumsunreader

i think his point was they have fooled themselves in the end.

OK so the result of capitalist free for all economics started in the 1980's is self defeating in that it creates an illusion of financial freedom but at the same time makes those things that were previously taken for granted unaffordable to most and at the same time destroys the social fabric of the country. Agreed. But whilst we all like to complain about how things are, what solutions (other than hope for a recession that will leave those who have with more and those without with even less) do you have?

Guest Cletus VanDamme

OK so the result of capitalist free for all economics started in the 1980's is self defeating in that it creates an illusion of financial freedom but at the same time makes those things that were previously taken for granted unaffordable to most and at the same time destroys the social fabric of the country. Agreed. But whilst we all like to complain about how things are, what solutions (other than hope for a recession that will leave those who have with more and those without with even less) do you have?

The solution, as my teacher used to say, is on the page in front of you. Scroll to the top of your browser window. Hint: it begins with the letter H.

Nice house, great poet.

Hey RFD - love the new piccy. Is that Waldorf or Stadler?

Hey RFD - love the new piccy. Is that Waldorf or Stadler?

no its CTT...!!! LOL..

(dont tell him though as i think he thinks i dont like him because hes a boomer, but i think hes ace underneath all this fun poking.)

changes for the better. not for profit government. the end of bullsh1t.

Edited by right_freds_dead

why do you care, estate agent troll?

Another of your charming small minded posts. Oh we are so lucky that you are allowed to post on here, what would we do without you?

no its CTT...!!! LOL..

(dont tell him though as i think he thinks i dont like him because hes a boomer, but i think hes ace underneath all this fun poking.)

changes for the better. not for profit government. the end of bullsh1t.

RFD/CVD I assume from your posts that you believe some sort of brave new world will emerge from a HPC induced economic crash?