House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Wales Reports That They Are Among Poorest In Europe

http://www.newswales.co.uk/?section=Politics&F=1&id=8668

Plaid says don't give Wales breadcrumbs

21/3/2006

North Wales, West Wales and the Valleys are
some of the poorest areas not only in the UK but in the new 25 state member state of the EU
and In Gordon Brown's Budget tomorrow steps should be taken to help them, Plaid Cymru said today..
Plaid's economics spokesman Adam Price MP called for additional cash for Wales to cover new expenditures and said Plaid wanted:
A rise in the threshold for stamp duty on house buying.
The average house price in Wales stands at £143,477, and only 23% of Welsh homes fall under the £120,000 stamp duty threshold

I'm sorry, but this makes me laugh. Here we have an area blighted by poverty and lack of jobs and yet they have among the highest house prices not only in Europe but in the entire world! With less than a quarter below the 120k mark.

Is this the legacy of HPI? Poverty--no money left for anything but the sky high mortgage and back breaking MEW to pay for all those holidays abroad and the brand new Audi A4 2.5 Tdi Quattro SE in the garage?

Is this the legacy of HPI? Poverty--no money left for anything but the sky high mortgage and back breaking MEW to pay for all those holidays abroad and the brand new Audi A4 2.5 Tdi Quattro SE in the garage?

Almost. You forgot to mention that the Audi is now in the scrap yard, only you are still paying for it.

And the Audi wasn't just an SE, with all that property wealth slopping around they went for the S4 with all the bells and whistles.... it just looks so nice next to their Range Rover..

Had to laugh recently. Theres someone near where I work who I regularly see driving a Mercedes SLK 320 (older model) with the registration MEW***..... quite apt in all probability.