House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marina

Bbc Expose Of Foxtons Is Dynamite

Pretty outrageous behaviour, not sure its quite dynamite, surely no one has ever trusted estate agents and would not be totally surprised. What is surprising for me is that for so many years recently people have let their own fear/greed override their suspicion that EAs are not the most honest and actually scrambled and outbid and borrowed stupid amounts to keep so many EAs in business

Dynamite= Rightmove data found to be erroneous due to input of exaggerated data.

So far, no one will touch the story. :angry:

How do you know that there isnt an undercover operation going on in Rightmove right now? Can they trust their employees are all legit? :ph34r:

Guest Charlie The Tramp
He takes me aside and explains how to convince a surveyor that the flat in London's fashionable Notting Hill is worth more than it is. He calls it "slightly simmering" - I call it cooking the books.

How many surveyors will be watching this programme tonight. :D

I was shocked when she played me her secret footage which showed staff cutting, pasting and gluing signatures onto contracts. They call it "chop chop" - I would call it forgery.

The fraud squad at the local nick cannot ignore this.

There was no way I could join in with this "vendor care" and I wasn't sure how long I would be able to maintain my cover. T2M were on high alert. Something had made the manager jumpy and when I questioned the need to lie, he got suspicious and asked what newspaper I worked for.

His paranoia led to him reading one of my text messages - this time I was sacked.

Definitely a case of wrongful dismissal, must be at least £30k compensation. :D

The good news is that I have overturned the injunction and would urge all to watch the programme tonight.

Be assured there are many more whistleblowers and E.A's should be suffering from paranoia right now.

I imagine that to provide a dodgy passport and other suspect I.D's will attract the attention of the local fraud squad.

Ah well,what goes round comes round,I am now a very loose cannon

Guest Bart of Darkness

How do you know that there isnt an undercover operation going on in Rightmove right now? Can they trust their employees are all legit? :ph34r:

Hmmm..... maybe zorn was a double agent all along?

The fraud squad at the local nick cannot ignore this.

I hate to seem cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Hmmm..... maybe zorn was a double agent all along?

I hate to seem cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

This whole site could have been infiltrated by double agents........

How do we know RightFred'sDead and ZZG and the rest are not really topdogs at Foxtons?

How do we know RightFred'sDead and ZZG and the rest are not really topdogs at Foxtons?

Paranoia overdrive: you are all VIs trying to get a feel for public opinion by going undercover on HPC.co.uk pretending to be bears. I am the only genuine property bear in the known world! :o

Because they appear to be intelligent.

Billy Shears

The good news is that I have overturned the injunction and would urge all to watch the programme tonight.

Be assured there are many more whistleblowers and E.A's should be suffering from paranoia right now.

I imagine that to provide a dodgy passport and other suspect I.D's will attract the attention of the local fraud squad.

Ah well,what goes round comes round,I am now a very loose cannon

Can you please tell us when and where you're likely to fire?

Billy Shears

Guest Bart of Darkness

Naaah, I think Fred's playing a double double bluff. :)

I used to think Foxtons were some kind of boiled sweet until I came here, so I'm "clean".

Everybody else is suspect though. :)

Guest The_Oldie

The EAs who post on this forum are avoiding this thread..........strange that... :D

The EAs who post on this forum are avoiding this thread..........strange that... :D

Might not have posted on this one - but as there about 4 other threads on the same subject i've not avoided them all :)

As i've said elsewhere today, i (and many other EA's) would welcome regulation so that elements that we will see tonight can be removed from the industry and those of us that believe we provide an honest and worthwhile service can gain a little credibility.

I am genuinely shocked at some of the practices mentioned as in over 10 years in this job i have never had personal experience of them going on. Don't think i'm particularly naive either :blink:

Edited by Mildura

Guest The_Oldie

Might not have posted on this one - but as there about 4 other threads on the same subject i've not avoided them all :)

As i've said elsewhere today, i (and many other EA's) would welcome regulation so that elements that we will see tonight can be removed from the industry and those of us that believe we provide an honest and worthwhile service can gain a little credibility.

I am genuinely shocked at some of the practices mentioned as in over 10 years in this job i have never heard of them going on. Don't think i'm particularly naive either :blink:

I was refering to the ones who, unlike you, do not say that they are EAs :). We know who they are though ;).

Cos theyz cun spell right innit!

There's one EA trick that really annoys me. As people have mentioned frequently there are "attractive young female" estate agents. It does seem that quite often they wear rather low cut tops exposing a moderate amount of cleavage. And again it seems to me that more than would be expected they seem to stand up while leaning over their computers or whatever so that it's not exactly difficult to observe said cleavage. The reason why this p's me off is that I would like to think myself immune to tricks, but in this case it's almost impossible not to look. Not that I would let it influence me in any way, but the only way to be 100% unaffected would be not to look, and without 100% resolve that is tricky. It could always be said that these are all sweet innocent young ladies who would be shocked and alarmed to hear that anybody would be depraved enough to notice their cleavage and their mode of dress has nothing to do with their work. So it's annoying that you can't even complain about this.

Anyone else have opinions?

Billy Shears

Edited by BillyShears

Guest The_Oldie

Ahhh! I see :o

I should explain further, EAs are very welcome on this site. With their in depth knowledge of the current market, their input is valuable.

However, the jokers who just come on this site to disrupt proceedings as they see us as a threat, whilst pretending that they are ordinary members without any vested interest are just a pain in the neck. These undercover VIs (EAs, Mortgage Brokers etc) often register with multiple identities which they use to back themselves up in arguments.

There's one EA trick that really annoys me. As people have mentioned frequently there are "attractive young female" estate agents. It does seem that quite often they wear rather low cut tops exposing a moderate amount of cleavage. And again it seems to me that more than would be expected they seem to stand up while leaning over their computers or whatever so that it's not exactly difficult to observe said cleavage. The reason why this p's me off is that I would like to think myself immune to tricks, but in this case it's almost impossible not to look. Not that I would let it influence me in any way, but the only way to be 100% unaffected would be not to look, and without 100% resolve that is tricky. It could always be said that these are all sweet innocent young ladies who would be shocked and alarmed to hear that anybody would be depraved enough to notice their cleavage and their mode of dress has nothing to do with their work. So it's annoying that you can't even complain about this.

Billy Shears

As Seinfield said - cleavage to men is as shoes to women. You cannot help but look when they are on display

As Seinfield said - cleavage to men is as shoes to women. You cannot help but look when they are on display

Lol! What is it about you guys and breasts?? Maybe you need to just develop the art of the cursory glance a little more? It's what women do... :unsure:

Billy Shears

Lap it up... you'd usually have to pay money for it.... consider it a freebie.

I don't think anybody would buy a house based on it anyway (unless they 're thrown in for the price ;) ), so who does it hurt?