House Price Crash Forum
Timil

House Market's Perpetual Motion Ball's Burst

Came on here for my regular dose of Doom and Gloom.

Thought I would share some thoughts from up here in the Highlands re house prices.

Last few years we have seen some local properties being bought by people from darn saff, who have paid totally insane prices these purchases have been funded by selling a property in England then buying something bigger and better up here for for a lot less and good luck to them.

My point is this there is not the wage infrastructure up here to support these valuations at some point soon someone is going to be nursing some big loses, if and when they try to move out because few people who work locally will be able to buy these properties at anything like current valuations so if the market in England collapses it will be carnage for big Hoose prices about here.

Was speaking to a local who sold his house for £250,000 last year he was telling me 17 viewings 15 from England, two from the borders, no locals.

Please don't take this as anti English or anything like that but when the demand to buy houses from English people disappears here there is going to be an amazing amount of equity disappearing into thin air in these parts.

The days of silly prices across the board have come to and end for the formerly booming Scotland, especially in Aberdeen.

Place is awash with empty new builds, a lot of them for over a year, no way will the rents cover the mortgage payments if zero deposit Buy to Fret merchants.