House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Disposable Heroes

Where's The Life

Guest DisposableHeroes

1. Go to work, try and avoid redundancy.

2. Save all you can for a house deposit.

3. Might have a good sum of money saved and get a reasonable wage, but you feel like you can't spend it because in real terms, relating to house prices you are poor.

4. If you go to university, you leave with debt.

5. Bombarded with media messages, enforcing the "keep up with the Jones message".

I repeat where is the life, the future. Anybody who doesn't agree, I will assume isn't a potential first time buyer or has rich parents to bail them out.

The government, Gordon Brown paints a rosy picture of the economy but the more and more FTB’s (maybe a generalization, but the 18 to 35 generation) that are stretched, the more they will not spend not because they don’t want to but because they can’t. Who will prop up the economy then.

Bombarded is about right - have you seen the latest visa ad? beautifully shot and with a romantic feel and the slogan 'Love Every Day' (except that day last week when the bailiff came round)...

I work in an ad agency & listen to people coming up with crap like this all the time, gets my goat a bit.

I'm gonna stop buying newspapers - they anger me. Does anyone read a newspaper thats actually any good?

Same with the news. I only watch the BBC news now cos its such a joke and I await the VI spin to have a laugh!

i like the virgin credit card advert that explains to us that things get better in life......"if you say yes"

and then go on a credit spree. that ad is sick. and who said richard branston was a good chap ?

hes into plastic disposable cds, air travel and credit.

At least we don't live in Russia, where, since 1990, average male life expectancy has fallen 7 years to 56 years of age! :ph34r:

I admit that things are bleak - some of the companies I work for make me sick - one small client made 300k profit last year and pays almost all of its employees minimum wage (hospitality) and then it goes on about being ethical :lol::ph34r: . Real scummy capitalists!

Edited by gruffydd

1. Go to work, try and avoid redundancy.

2. Save all you can for a house deposit.

3. Might have a good sum of money saved and get a reasonable wage, but you feel like you can't spend it because in real terms, relating to house prices you are poor.

4. If you go to university, you leave with debt.

5. Bombarded with media messages, enforcing the "keep up with the Jones message".

I repeat where is the life, the future. Anybody who doesn't agree, I will assume isn't a potential first time buyer or has rich parents to bail them out.

The government, Gordon Brown paints a rosy picture of the economy but the more and more FTB’s (maybe a generalization, but the 18 to 35 generation) that are stretched, the more they will not spend not because they don’t want to but because they can’t. Who will prop up the economy then.

Felt the same, now I'm leaving my job and starting a course in Sept. Will spend my hard earned house deposit on a career change instead. One that I can take anywhere in the world. Would prefer job security and satisfaction over a mortgage millstone around my neck anyday.

My favourite "choke on my sandwich at lunchtime" moment was when I noticed that The Times has a leaflet in advertising Times Mortgages.... resold from a BS of course...but still???