House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Brits Ignore Rising I R To Form Queue To Buy In Spain

http://www.propertyinspain.net/news/2006/0...rtad_mortgages/

Brit buyers shrug off Euro mortgage rise

By Sue Brown, 21 Mar 2006

The latest increase in the Spanish mortgage fixing Euribor base rate is unlikely to influence the buying intentions of the British buyers of property in Spain who are,
according to The Sun newspaper
, “forming an
orderly queue to buy the Spanish dream
home that is now a reality.”
The Sun comment came in a full-page review of Libertad tax break and co-ownership buying in a special “Homes Abroad” pullout supplement, launched to coincide with the Homebuyer Exhibition at London’s ExCel. The paper revealed
“a bay view apartment can be yours for less than the cost of a BMW at £32,000…
thanks to Libertad’s 70% mortgages at an astonishingly low 3.5 percent as well as big tax breaks.”

If the queue to buy is orderly it must mean that the frenzy of pushing and shoving to get to the front is over? Remember a couple of years ago when the EAs were playing jungle rhythm music in the background as the queues formed to whip people into a buying frenzy? :lol:

Edited by Realistbear

total ******.

we have friends who have been trying to 'unload' in spain for over 2 years. they are DESPERATE.

It's collapsed on the costas, hence the new attempts by the spaniards to extort taxes from brits already there... just as we said they would last year. UK owned rental apartments and villas = Easy target.

"You no wanna buy our nice shiny new veelas anymore, you eenglish parasito? Then we taxa yer friends who is already heeeer."

Gotta find the money somewhere!

total ******.

we have friends who have been trying to 'unload' in spain for over 2 years. they are DESPERATE.

It's collapsed on the costas, hence the new attempts by the spaniards to extort taxes from brits already there... just as we said they would last year. UK owned rental apartments and villas = Easy target.

"You no wanna buy our nice shiny new veelas anymore, you eenglish parasito? Then we taxa yer friends who is already heeeer."

Gotta find the money somewhere!

The Spanish government (like the Portguese) is targeting rented villas and "residential tourists" who pay no tax not because of the housing market, but because EEC handouts are about to dry up. They are basically going after tax that should be paid anyway. The same is happening with a clamp down on health provision for those who take advantage of the system.

With regards to your friends unloading their property, they are certainly not alone in their long wait for a buyer. Prices are simply too high and the glut of new properties makes resell properties look even more overpriced.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

True, as I have said before on this forum the dream is turning into a nightmare for many. That plan of MEWing your home to buy abroad and let it out to repay the MEW isn`t working. Too many properties chasing too few clients according to a friend who has had his property 20 years, paid 13k cash.

The flight from Spain has been going on the past two years.

The flight from Spain has been going on the past two years.

Still quite a few Brits buying around Cadiz/Chiclana at the moment. Loads of property available, all of it way overpriced and crap size/quality.

A lot of money going to be lost in the next few years.

Selling up and going to Spain can still make sense for older people, if they can clear their debts and retire in the sun. It's what my grandparents have done, working out ok for them so far. I agree that taking on lots of debt to get a holiday home there at the moment is madness.

I looked around Spain 3 years back and even then you could see the cracks but don’t let that stop you since I want as much money as possible to leave the shores of England and starve the government of cash and then people might wake up and decide to stop giving over more than 70% of income to found Looney left wing , PC concepts

I did some web design for a 'property company' last year (or maybe the year before... I forget).

Bristol based.

They own quite a few (12 ish) BTLs around the Bristol area (all bought 2002-2004).

They also own a spanish villa which they rent out.

They also purchased in 2004/5 a large block of derelict buildings in Spain to redevelop.

It was the hardest job of my life.... photoshopping their crappy photos of their crappy villa in order to make it look like somewhere you'd want to go on holiday :lol::lol:

They've gone deathly quiet of late.. not asked for updates for their website for quite a while (and only I have the source code)... wonder why? :lol::lol::lol::P

The Spanish government (like the Portguese) is targeting rented villas and "residential tourists" who pay no tax not because of the housing market, but because EEC handouts are about to dry up. They are basically going after tax that should be paid anyway. The same is happening with a clamp down on health provision for those who take advantage of the system.

Got any more details about the moves each government is making? Or a link to same?

Thanks