House Price Crash Forum

Can't Buy, Won't Buy

HOLA441

Title of post: Market Slowdown

Body:

Well I aint feeling it ....

My house went on the market on Friday

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-632...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

and so far I have had 6 viewings booked 2 already done and 1 offer ...

Somehow I think my house wont last long

That's a quote of some random forum user who posted in general chat.

My friend called me yesterday and he told me he is getting a house. On further inspection he is considering a shared-ownership @ 66% = £120k for a 2-bed flat in Warford. I didn't give him my usual pro house crash stance and just soaked in what he was telling me.

It seems, that despite the high house prices, people generally find a way, and not so much concerned about the history and just accept that's the way it is now. And i'm sure his parents believe it's the best thing for him to do. As they lost their house in 1993, rented for a year, then bought a 3-bed semi for £80k which is worth £350k now in Harrow Weald. So i'm sure their sentiment is buy now while you have the chance, our house price as quaddrupled.. Anyway, so there it is, my peers are buying... and i am ridiculed by my colleagues 5 years older than me with houses that have doubled, and by friends that are buying. I'm in this no-man lands!

What's got to give ? and when ? What's worrying me is how on earth is my son going to be able to buy a home when his time comes, and more worrying is will i be saying, buy now why you have the chance, don't make the mistake i did by hanging out for a correction.

HOLA442
don't make the mistake i did by hanging out for a correction.

you make it sound like there is a choice.

like im going to waste 40k of hard earned savings on useless hpi.

id rather carry on for a few more years. no correction and ill look at another country or situation other than working for nothing.