Omg - Help

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

We offered and would have paid £300k for this house just 3 months ago, they said they couldn't afford to accept our offer.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-851...t=buy&ep=via_sl

What do we do, we can afford it and want the house but how low will they go !!!!!

If you have to buy now then an offer of 10% less would seem reasonable. As they have experienced - the market isn't as bouyant as they might have thought so they might be more ready to accept.

Therefore I'd offer £260K and no more.

HOLA448
HOLA449

We offered and would have paid £300k for this house just 3 months ago, they said they couldn't afford to accept our offer.

What do we do, we can afford it and want the house but how low will they go !!!!!

Didn't they contact you back? If I was trying to sell a house and had refused an offer higher than my current asking price I'd be on the phone to whoever made the previous offer.

Billy Shears

HOLA4410

Do you know how long it has been for sale at the reduced price?

Have you asked the agent if there have been any other offers? You never know, they may tell you the truth. Usually they say that there is someone else who wants it just as soon as they sell their own property.

You probably know the market in that area better than anybody here. It's going to be difficult because they know you can afford to pay the asking price so you need to be armed with good evidence to back up a lower offer.

HOLA4411

No they haven't called me back which just shows the level of service offered by the EA.

We actually aren't in a position to buy it right now tbh as we've just sgned a 12 month lease and are so happy in this house but I wonder if it goes to a magic number, say £250k do we snap it up before somebody else does.

Next door has sold for £310 :o

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Do you know how long it has been for sale at the reduced price?

Have you asked the agent if there have been any other offers? You never know, they may tell you the truth. Usually they say that there is someone else who wants it just as soon as they sell their own property.

You probably know the market in that area better than anybody here. It's going to be difficult because they know you can afford to pay the asking price so you need to be armed with good evidence to back up a lower offer.

I could have afforded to pay the orginal asking price of £330k but I wouldn't. I don't think it's up to me to justify the lower offer it's up to them to prove the house is worth the asking price, which as there is no que forming you see my point.

HOLA4414

You obviously don't get it.

Don't buy for a few years at all!

FP

Patience is a virtue eh FP???

Noticed the board seems to be getting a little jittery lately - slightest spin (either way) and everyone starts kicking off!

I'm going to enjoy watching it all unravel, piece by piece, while I'm sipping a very large Gin and Tonic :lol:

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest Riser

?? - but its priced at £290k

Always worth reading the small print

Prices may go down as well as up

Edited by Riser

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Orginally it was £330k, we offered £300k and were refused, now the asking price is £290k

Its possible the estate agent didn't pass on your offer of 300K in the first place. Go knock on the houses door and find out.

Mind you... prices will come down further, so its not a bargain yet.

HD

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

If it helps these are the previous prices paid.

1 5/08/2003 £248,000 Det. F/H Map 6, Moorings Close, Parkgate, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 6TL

2 16/08/2002 £225,000 Det. F/H Map 1, Moorings Close, Parkgate, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 6TL

3 22/04/2002 £235,000 Det. F/H Map 4, Moorings Close, Parkgate, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 6TL

4 02/05/2001 £199,500 Det. F/H Map 15, Moorings Close, Parkgate, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 6TL

5 26/01/2001 £198,000 Det. F/H Map 7, Moorings Close, Parkgate, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 6TL

6 12/01/2001 £206,000 Det. F/H Map 15, Moorings Close, Parkgate, Neston, Cheshire, CH64 6TL

Link

Unless they have heavily MEWed it looks like they still stand to make a tidy sum.

Which one are you after?

HOLA4421

Looks like a nice family home. Any idea how much it would rent for ?

HOLA4422

We would like number 6 so looks like they paid £248k

As for rent, you'd be lucky to get anyone to rent it in parkgate, people rent executive homes paid for by Unilever £2k a month plus or £450.00 paid by housing benefit, there are about 12 houses available at the moment in the £600 - 900 a month price range and we negotiated ours down from £1800 per month to £900.

HOLA4423

As for rent, you'd be lucky to get anyone to rent it in parkgate, people rent executive homes paid for by Unilever £2k a month plus or £450.00 paid by housing benefit, there are about 12 houses available at the moment in the £600 - 900 a month price range and we negotiated ours down from £1800 per month to £900.

£1800 to £900? Wow! (seriously). Can you give us a blow by blow account of you you negotiated the rent down that much. Won't work for me as my current rent is cheap at the asking price (I believe). But I'd like to know how you did it.

Billy Shears

HOLA4424

£1800 to £900? Wow! (seriously). Can you give us a blow by blow account of you you negotiated the rent down that much. Won't work for me as my current rent is cheap at the asking price (I believe). But I'd like to know how you did it.

Billy Shears

We saw the house advised on rightmove and thought that would be perfect, picked up the phone to the EA and asked would he take £1000 for it, they came back with he'd take £900 if you do the garden yourself, we said we would.

This has happened twice now, I find the more expensive the property the less time they can afford to have it stood empty.

We rented this one for £1350

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-514...a_n=1&tr_t=rent

The link below has been up for sale for £850k, then £750k it's now been empty at least 6 months.

http://www.vebra.com/home/search/vdetails....179&pid=9877884

I am dying to see squatters move in

HOLA4425

We would like number 6 so looks like they paid £248k

Pity it wasn't one of the others, £248k would probably be near the peak. When you add purchasing expenses they will have paid over £250k. The chances are that prices will drop below £250k over the next few years. However these guys willl be reluctant to take a loss, unless they become forced sellers. So if you wanted it now you would probably need to offer over the £250k that others have suggested.

Regards

BP