House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddyboy

So Why Havn't This Months Rightmove Figures Been Publicised?

It amazes me that the once ALMIGHTY 'de faco' survey has not been put on the index pages of the main news pages? This is rather odd and as 'out of kilt' with trends as their February figures.

So why has this not happened?

It could be any of the following.

* PR Girls are in IBIZA after selling their shares at the PEAK and forgot to send out the Press Releases?

* Rightmove aren't taken seriously anymore? Have they lost credability?

* They are now a PLC and the media do not wish to promote them

* Would it be wrong to release details of ASKING PRICE survey being 25% above the Sold price survey of HALIWIDE when the BBC are about to air WHISTLEBLOWER proving that the setting of ASKING PRICES is corrupt?

* Has the budget got anything to do with it. The recent RM index was more concerned about Stamp Duty than anything else? Well its got F*CK ALL to do with them anyway because the are not a Vested Interst are they? Seems to me that the 120K stamp duty is stopping prices rising as much as they want them too.

I would like to hear other peoples explaination. I know RM staff go on here so come on Zorn why the sudden lack of coverage?????

TB

Edited by teddyboy

Did Zorn get banned? I hope not.

When are Rightmove figures usually due Teddyboy?

I suspect that now they've floated that they don't actually care too much and don't feel the need to ramp the market as hard as before. Either that or the figures show shocking (to them) falls and they don't know what to do.

This morning just as I was leaving home, the radio (prob. radio 4) said something about "the average house price now being over 200K". I was shocked at this as:

1] I presume that this is the Rightmove asking price

2] There was no indication that this was a figure based on asking prices.

Can anyone correct my assumptions if they are wrong, or confirm them.

My first (cynical, paranoid, call it what you will) thought was that since there is no longer massive HPI, that the only way to pretend that there is massive HPI is to change the method of measuring prices. So move to a measure based on asking prices, but don't say what you are doing.

If I get time, I'm going to see if I can download the radio show that I heard and check what happened.

Billy Shears

Rightmove are no longer a credible source of information--the markets are ignoring them:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20032006/323/ster...nke-speech.html

LONDON (AFP) - The pound drifted lower against the dollar after some mixed housing market data with a 'Rightmove' survey suggesting continued gains while the likes of the British Bankers Association and Council of Mortgage Lenders indicated an easing in mortgage lending levels.

The markets are bumping the $ against the pound because the housing data is NOT as Rightmove has stated. Rather, the "whopping" drop in mortgage loans of 5% is the real indicator of the state of the market. Rightmove stated that houses were "flying off the shelves" last month. Yet the CML said loans for houses were down. The markets believe the CML data and dropped the pound accordingly.

TRUTH may finally be winning the day. THis is a very significant development folks.

Did Zorn get banned? I hope not.

When are Rightmove figures usually due Teddyboy?

I suspect that now they've floated that they don't actually care too much and don't feel the need to ramp the market as hard as before. Either that or the figures show shocking (to them) falls and they don't know what to do.

THEY CAME OUT MONDAY!!!

THEY CAME OUT MONDAY!!!

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Rightmove are no longer a credible source of information--the markets are ignoring them:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20032006/323/ster...nke-speech.html

LONDON (AFP) - The pound drifted lower against the dollar after some mixed housing market data with a 'Rightmove' survey suggesting continued gains while the likes of the British Bankers Association and Council of Mortgage Lenders indicated an easing in mortgage lending levels.

The markets are bumping the $ against the pound because the housing data is NOT as Rightmove has stated. Rather, the "whopping" drop in mortgage loans of 5% is the real indicator of the state of the market. Rightmove stated that houses were "flying off the shelves" last month. Yet the CML said loans for houses were down. The markets believe the CML data and dropped the pound accordingly.

TRUTH may finally be winning the day. THis is a very significant development folks.

Nice to see too.

Whatever next? Maybe the markets will start ignoring the CPI data, as thats a load of old b0ll0cks too.

Just thought of another.

Dya think the EA's have got on RM's back to STOP ramping the market rf the MPC will raise Interest rates??

Just a thought!

Find this very strange. It's like a burglar alarm going off all night and you dont notice it... its a pain in the ass but you get accustomed to it. It's when it stops that the silence deafens you. I fell like that now :blink:

TB

I dunno... complain when they report b0llox and complain when they dont get a column inch!!!

Edited by teddyboy

Funny that. I was feeling that some momentus day that had passed unnoticed... but I just couldn't put my finger on it... however I doubt it was the rightmove stats day :lol: just have to live with that sense of uncertainty...

In general the BBC have a policy of not reporting the RightMove stats. See this reponse I got from the Beeb;

Rightmove is publishing this survey every month; its release is not

related to its proposed stockmarket flotation.

We report the findings of Rightmove surveys only occasionally, when we

believe that they are newsworthy; in this case the rise in asking prices

across the country appears to support the findings of several surveys of

house sale data, which suggest a recovery of the housing market.

We are very discriminating in which house price surveys we report, and

we published this article only after a detailed internal discussion.

Regards,

Tim Weber

Business Editor

BBC News Interactive www.bbc.co.uk/business

-----Original Message-----

To: NewsOnline Complaints

Subject: Reply req'd

{Date:} 20/02/2006

{CommentType:} Complaint

{About:} Web

{Website:} http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4724858.stm

{Comments:}

RightMove are gearing up for an IPO yet you do not mention this in your

piece. Surely this is incredibly relevant since they are hardly going to

send out a press release saying 'Market Struggling', or 'Most

unsustainable housing market ever' are they? Is it now BBC news policy

to simply reproduce press releases of commericial enterprises with no

questions asked? {EndofComments:}

If you are ever raging about a piece in the Beeb I'd recommend complaining to them. It's important to try and effect some balance in housing market reporting. You can complain to them here or here.

I've noticed their complaints site it getting slower and slower of late... I wonder why :)

Prices in Wandsworth up 8.3% on the year, that must make TTRTR happy.

But K&C down 8.3%, oh dear that's no good for such a posh area.

Nice to see the North falling so much...