House Price Crash Forum
FTBagain

Bush Spending Continues

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. The US neo-cons know the score. They know the next century will be run by the people sitting on the world's diminishing natural resources. Currently it's not them. But they've devised a system to print paper and somehow convince people to give them goods and weapons in return. They can use this hardware to get control of the resources.

Essentially they are shorting the dollar and going long commodities. Very sensible play for the next 50 - 100 years I reckon. Shame about all the dead people. Oh well, collateral damage and all that. Buy the world's biggest army with an IOU that they then tear it up.

When does it stop ?

When the rest of the world runs out of room to store all those bloody dollars that are cluttering up the place.

By all accounts don't China and Japan pretty much own the USA now ??

And hasn't most of the US debt been spent with China ??

I figure the US is actually bank rolling the Chinese military ..... not their own !!!

Time to learn cantonese I guess :D

The more I think about it the more it makes sense. The US neo-cons know the score. They know the next century will be run by the people sitting on the world's diminishing natural resources.

I don't agree. most net oil exporting nations export oil because they don't have the faintest idea what to do with it. They sell it to us and they then buyback end products. There is nothing unsustainable about this arrangement in principle.

Anyone see Iraq's missing billions on C4 last night? The programme epitomised the FED's unrestricted printing of money.

Soldiers playing football with bundles of $100 bills. Private contractors charging $200 dollars a week for filling cabinets they found on a bomb site. Unbelievable!

Anyone see Iraq's missing billions on C4 last night? The programme epitomised the FED's unrestricted printing of money.

Soldiers playing football with bundles of $100 bills. Private contractors charging $200 dollars a week for filling cabinets they found on a bomb site. Unbelievable!

I saw it. Absolutely disgusting.

I don't agree. most net oil exporting nations export oil because they don't have the faintest idea what to do with it. They sell it to us and they then buyback end products. There is nothing unsustainable about this arrangement in principle.

So those sitting on the resources do nothing but sell their resources at the market price, and in return enjoy the fruits of our labour.

That's fine for the moment, but as the price goes up and up and our native supplies dwindle (North Sea production down 7% last quarter, not to mention gas) energy security begins to become more of an issue.

Would good are pieces of paper if they don't provide the energy your country needs? You might as well burn them, at least it would keep you warm, (or use them as a football).