House Price Crash Forum

Money Saving Expert Forum

FaTB

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

It's the first time i've seen it on this forum, but the advice seems overwhelmingly cautious, even bearish !!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showth...44&page=1&pp=10

This realls sums my feeling up, it's not that I desperately want my own place, or want to live in a certain area, it's that as a 24 year old 2 years in to working and being offered mortgages I felt I should be buying a property, and that long term it was the right thing to do! This whole "getting on the property ladder" seems like such a big deal at the moment

There is alot of pressure out there - it seems like everyone and there dog is buying property to rent in the good areas, pushing prices up for first time buyers.

However my minds at rest now, I'll be happy saving for a while knowing that financially i'm not loosing out. That is, as long as I can stay at home . . .

What a great anecdote!

This is a classic case of sentiment turning. The guy has no good "life circumstances" reason to buy now, he is just strongly influenced by all the property hype, and feels that it is the "thing to do". But in the end he has a think about it and decides to wait.

Watch that speculative demand evaporate! This is excactly the trend I was trying to explore on this thread:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=26016

frugalista

HOLA444

What a great anecdote!

This is a classic case of sentiment turning. The guy has no good "life circumstances" reason to buy now, he is just strongly influenced by all the property hype, and feels that it is the "thing to do". But in the end he has a think about it and decides to wait.

Watch that speculative demand evaporate! This is excactly the trend I was trying to explore on this thread:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=26016

frugalista

Yes, that's a dam good thread you started! I printed the 4 stories off and *made* my mum read them - she originally said it was a good investment, but after pointing out the painfully obvious, she agreed it was just adding to demand forcing up prices. She also said if the market is flat they would sell - i.e. prices fall. My mum's dead clever you know!

HOLA445

Yes, that's a dam good thread you started! I printed the 4 stories off and *made* my mum read them - she originally said it was a good investment, but after pointing out the painfully obvious, she agreed it was just adding to demand forcing up prices. She also said if the market is flat they would sell - i.e. prices fall. My mum's dead clever you know!

Wow, I am now a published author! :D

frugalista