House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

20,000 New I T Jobs Created By Dell

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4824416.stm

Dell to double Indian workforce

Dell has big plans for its India operations
Computer giant Dell plans to double its Indian workforce to 20,000 over the next three years.
Chairman Michael Dell said there was a "fantastic opportunity to attract talent" in India.
A growing number of Western firms are switching facilities to India, where there is a plentiful supply of skilled, English-speaking workers.
The influx is helping to fuel India's fast-growing economic expansion.

While we bask in the highest house prices in the world (earnings related) jobs continue to haemorage leaving less and less to justify our borrowed wealth.

Anyone smelling the coffee yet?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4824416.stm

Dell to double Indian workforce

Dell has big plans for its India operations
Computer giant Dell plans to double its Indian workforce to 20,000 over the next three years.
Chairman Michael Dell said there was a "fantastic opportunity to attract talent" in India.
A growing number of Western firms are switching facilities to India, where there is a plentiful supply of skilled, English-speaking workers.
The influx is helping to fuel India's fast-growing economic expansion.

While we bask in the highest house prices in the world (earnings related) jobs continue to haemorage leaving less and less to justify our borrowed wealth.

Anyone smelling the coffee yet?

I remember our beloved leader coming to power in '97 and promising to build a better country. I now realise he was talking about India :(

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Sledgehead Posted Today, 12:30 PM

Could posters please direct their answers to here:

can you smell the coffee poll

Or should that be smell the soup.

By the time of my departing from this world you lot will be living hand to mouth. I will therefore make provisions in my Last Will And Testament for a large donation to The Salvation Army`s Soup Kitchens. :rolleyes:

Aah, good old Dell and their "talented" callcentres.

Just recently my father decided to buy a flatscreen monitor from them. When it arrived it was completely dead, no lights coming on, not a sausage. When he called about this, first they offered him a reconditioned monitor to replace it (wtf??? he paid for a *new* one!) and then a replacement new one.

Two weeks later he rang again to find, after almost an hour of being passed around by various Indians like a hot potato and hearing *no-one* take responsibility for these problems, that the replacement hadn't been ordered.

Finally, over a month later, he's got the item he actually ordered. And guess what? It's sh1t.

Aah, good old Dell and their "talented" callcentres.

Just recently my father decided to buy a flatscreen monitor from them. When it arrived it was completely dead, no lights coming on, not a sausage. When he called about this, first they offered him a reconditioned monitor to replace it (wtf??? he paid for a *new* one!) and then a replacement new one.

Two weeks later he rang again to find, after almost an hour of being passed around by various Indians like a hot potato and hearing *no-one* take responsibility for these problems, that the replacement hadn't been ordered.

Finally, over a month later, he's got the item he actually ordered. And guess what? It's sh1t.

Sounds like offshoring is not so good for customer service either? With house prices so high we can't expect businesses to set up shop in the UK anymore as wages would be too high in order to pay for the mortgages of people who are expected to work for these businesses.

Can anyone work out what, exactly, justifies the UK having the most expensive houses in the world (in relation to earnings)?

Can anyone work out what, exactly, justifies the UK having the most expensive houses in the world (in relation to earnings)?

The UK is more and more geared to being run entirely for the rich. The drones provide the labour to service their needs (professional middle classes falling over themselves to emigrate while house prices in other countries are still within grasp) The government provide police and emergency services for their protection. The countryside is kept pristine with high house prices to cleanse the locals from the 'nice' areas. (indigenous peoples packed into urban zones which can be controlled and policed more easily) Higher class shops and coffee shops spring up in rural centres to cater for the whims of the new rich. Staffed by more 'appropriate' and better looking East Europeans who can live packed into barrack blocks for short contracts on low pay and can be easily sacked if necessary. It all sounds like a larger version of Jersey but with a few less Nazi collaberators.

I don't blame any of these companies for out sourcing.

The stupidity and lack of common sense in this country really is breathtaking.

The UK is a nation of f**cking idiots.

I'm at the point now where I dread having to deal with any company or public service.