Sign in to follow this  
Sisyphus

Spend Spend Spend

Public Sector Net Cash Requirement FEB +£1.7 billion

Public Sector Net Borrrowing FEB +£2.3 billion

M4 Money Supply (provisional) MOM FEB +0.9%

M4 Money Supply (provisional) YOY FEB +12%

M$ Sterling Lending FEB +£18.8 billion

All these figures are above expectations. GB will need to raise revenues to cover the deficit. Should be an interesting budget.

Saw something on weekend that said to expect more tax than since 1970s - nice! :blink:

Well, my council tax has now doubled since 1997 and tax allowances have been frozen. I don't know what this means in actual figures. Surely the personal allowances should have gone up at least 30% since Labour got in.

I believe I am paying a lot more tax now than I did before this lot got in - and getting worse public services for it.

Well, my council tax has now doubled since 1997 and tax allowances have been frozen. I don't know what this means in actual figures. Surely the personal allowances should have gone up at least 30% since Labour got in.

I believe I am paying a lot more tax now than I did before this lot got in - and getting worse public services for it.

Just like last time we had a labour government then :rolleyes:

Agreed Sis. This budget will be very interesting.

As pointed out the government needs more revenue, so tax hikes are to be expected. What will be interesting is how these hikes will affect the economy and of course house prices.

The begining of the end for the 'miracle economy'?

One of the papers today is also predicting pretty much an end to NHS dentistry with new changes to reduce payments. So taxes go up and up and the services we get go down and down.

Just like last time we had a labour government then :rolleyes:

EXACTLY! It's the same old tiresome mistake being made again! And it will take another 15 years to put right the damage, when they finally get kicked out.

In the meantime, another load of public servants will have filled their snouts at the trough, and scampered off with gold plated pensions at 60, while the wealth generators in the country work until their teeth crack, and struggle by with less money.

One of the papers today is also predicting pretty much an end to NHS dentistry with new changes to reduce payments. So taxes go up and up and the services we get go down and down.

How about dentists cut their salaries? Dentistry isn't that hard. There should be plenty people able to fill the jobs.

Edited by Levy process

How about dentists cut their salaries?

As I understand it, salaries are a fairly small part of the cost of dentistry: all that technology doesn't come cheap. And it's not as though my dentist is having any trouble filling his schedule at non-NHS prices.

But the working class who are Labour's traditional voting base can't afford to pay hundreds of pounds to get a tooth fixed when it cracks, and now they'll even have to pay to get it pulled out.

The dentists payment rules change soon - and 1000s of us will end up with no dentist unless we're prepared to pay to be on someone's private list - I've seen figures of £200 a year - and thats JUST to stay on the list.