House Price Crash Forum
non-FTBer

Do You Believe Anything That Comes Out Of The Mouth Of Labour Mps?

Just to get an idea of Nu Labours supporters on HPC.

Zorn's multiple accounts to be taken into consideration :P

I see Bliars Buddy, that non elected pillick Faulkner who is in charge of messing with the Constitution. [ handy that not being an MP, you cannot be called before the House to explain your actions] Well he sided stepped a direct question on BBC Breakfast . Would Nu-Lab reveal all large loaners so the public can see how many of them where put forward for or have attained a Lordship.

I never voted Nu-Labour. I kept telling people he was not to be trusted as his eyes were to close together, but would they listen? Nope and see what happened :rolleyes:

Edited by Catch22

You don't trust him cos his eyes are too close together?? Brilliant. :D:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe Phrenology is due a comeback?

You may mock :rolleyes:;) but after over twenty five years of directly dealing face to face with the public I have come to certain conclusions regards facial recognition.

The eyes observation has been proved spot on with Bliar, anyone care to dispute he's a lieing two face toad?

Here's another, 98.00% of Western culture beard sporting blokes deem themselves to be superior to those around them. And think they know whats best for other people to the point of forceing their will upon them.

In fact 99.95% sporting goatee beards, are so far up their own ****, they would shag themselves if it was possible.

Disagree? think serial killers, politicians, police officers, and school teachers :D The latter though, are not to be cobbled together with the aforementioned, as being sadistic control freaks. It's just that their entire working lives have revolved around being in some form of school enviroment ie: not actually living in the real world with grown ups :ph34r:;)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,1065-2091566,00.html

Matthew Parris in Saturday's Times:

"My ancient doubts are less important than new doubts among new Labour’s friends, but let me put my own opinion delicately. I believe Tony Blair is an out-and-out rascal, terminally untrustworthy and close to being unhinged. I said from the start that there was something wrong in his head, and each passing year convinces me more strongly that this man is a pathological confidence-trickster. To the extent that he ever believes what he says, he is delusional. To the extent that he does not, he is an actor whose first invention — himself — has been his only interesting role.

Books could be written on which of Mr Blair’s assertions were ever wholly sincere, which of his claimed philosophies are genuine, and how far he temporarily persuades himself that each passing passion is real. But deconstructing Mr Blair’s mind is hopeless."

You may mock :rolleyes:;) but after over twenty five years of directly dealing face to face with the public I have come to certain conclusions regards facial recognition.

The eyes observation has been proved spot on with Bliar, anyone care to dispute he's a lieing two face toad?

Here's another, 98.00% of Western culture beard sporting blokes deem themselves to be superior to those around them. And think they know whats best for other people to the point of forceing their will upon them.

In fact 99.95% sporting goatee beards, are so far up their own ****, they would shag themselves if it was possible.

Disagree? think serial killers, politicians, police officers, and school teachers :D The latter though, are not to be cobbled together with the aforementioned, as being sadistic control freaks. It's just that their entire working lives have revolved around being in some form of school enviroment ie: not actually living in the real world with grown ups :ph34r:;)

Oh, I'm in the 2% of beardy people then :lol:

Mr Blair’s mind is hopeless."

Thats enough. :P

Blair is a psychopath: he just prefers having soldiers kill Iraquis by the thousand to murdering a few people himself.

Oh, I'm in the 2% of beardy people then :lol:

but of course, and I kid you not, that 2% are absolutley fantastic people :D:rolleyes:

The trick is always leave yourself a way out. :lol:;)

Tony and Cheri are BTL'ers (along with most of their cronies) so ok in my book. Will not make a difference having the Tories in and I support them. Everyones getting a parachute as far as I can see, make sure you have one and a spare.

Edited by mercsl

Turns out that a chap called Nigel Morris who happens to be the head of CapitalOne has loaned Labour over a million quid!

What's in your wallet?

All sorts of people are in that list, like the head of Capita, nice.

Edited by BuyingBear

If you believe everything the government says you are stupid.

But, if you believe nothing the government says, you are also stupid.

frugalista

I believe nothing the govenment says. I accept that some of the time I will be wrong however I have lost faith so totally that disbelief is the only possible action.

Iraq was the main cause however many other things have contributed to this since.

Edit: FFS now 3 have voted yes, have new labour hijacked the board?

Edited by Young Goat

So who voted yes.... come on, out with you!

The question was "do you believe anything Labour MPs say?" Now I certainly am not a fan of TB, but there are a number of Labour MPs (and members from other parties) who I think have great integrity, and are certainly not politicians in it to make vast pots of cash. I worked for an MP not long after graduating and most work extremly hard.

Labour MPs have actually rebelled in quite large numbers against many of TB's policies and are not all New Labour clones.

So, I believe that to deny any merit to anything any politician says is more foolish than my belief in the integrity of some of them (If that made sense)

I believe nothing the govenment says. I accept that some of the time I will be wrong however I have lost faith so totally that disbelief is the only possible action.

If you have lost faith, then my question is, why did you have faith? I don't mean this in the trite sense of "all politicians are liars, you fool, you should never have trusted them". I mean, putting faith in anyone is an abandonment of your own rational faculties.

If the government makes a statement, it needs to be weighed up on its own merits and the in context in which it is being said. It takes no brains to accept it completely because you have "faith" in the government. It also takes no brains to reject it competely because you have decided you distrust the government.

frugalista

EDIT:typo

The question is ambiguous -- it could mean "are you someone who believes anything that Labour MPs say?" or "is there anything which Labour MPs say that you believe?".

frugalista

Edited by frugalista

Guest Bart of Darkness

I like your thinking frugalista (plus the fact that you are thinking).

Did I have faith in Tony in 1997? Maybe hope rather than faith. But I'm certainly older (and perhaps a little wiser) since then.

It reminds me of the old philosophers' paradox, which goes something like:

Nothing is better than caviar.

Stale bread is better than nothing.

Therefore

Stale bread is better than caviar

NuLabour is like moldy bread.

Thats one of my fetishes :o

But seriously folks (I was serious about the first point as well ;) ) I have never seen such sleaziness in politics as I have in the country. Get rid of the Tory sleaze only to get Labour sleaze only to get rid of the labour sleaze only to get Tory sleaze. I don't believe that political parties are put into government to do anything in Britain. I believe they are put their so that the tabloids can slowly but surely fill up column inches with the disembowelment of their personal / political / ethical lives. When the tabloids run out of new levels of vileness the party becomes redundant to the real goal of politics, and a new party full of new fresh bodies to disembowel takes its place.

If you have lost faith, then my question is, why did you have faith? I don't mean this in the trite sense of "all politicians are liars, you fool, you should never have trusted them". I mean, putting faith in anyone is an abandonment of your own rational faculties.

If the government makes a statement, it needs to be weighed up on its own merits and the in context in which it is being said. It takes no brans to accept it completely because you have "faith" in the government. It also takes no brains to reject it competely because you have decided you distrust the government.

frugalista

In an ideal world yes, a statement should be weighed on it's merits. The problem is that there are so many different policy areas, each of which is highly complex. There are simply not enough hours in the day to weigh up all statements properly so for this reason we fall back onto a fuzzy notion of trust instead.

I am however not just talking about whether or not we trust a minister to make a decision in good faith. I am now unable to believe that statements of fact made by government ministers are actually truthful or not.

As I mentioned earlier my trust in the prime minister was broken as a result of the Iraq war.

If you remember back to 2003 the only justification for the war offered was the weapons of mass distruction argument. Anybody who actually looked at the arguement in detail could see (several months before the start of the war in my case) that the claims made were palpably false and that there was no weapons programme in any meaningful sense. Being generous I could say that the prime minister was grossly incompetent however IMHO the PM knowingly misled both parliament and the country as a whole.

Since the failure to find WMD's we have also discovered that the argument that the war is lawful (based on the attorney generals opinion) are highly dubious. We learn that there was no plan for govening the country post conflict, something that we were assured existed at the time. We learn that the prime minister lied over his involvement in the David Kelly affair (the conclusions of the Hutton enquiry were effectively overturned by later revelations).

Perhaps the most obvious nonsense of all is the attempt to change the justification of the war. Today if asked, a minister will tell you that the war was to uphold the authority of the United Nations. Let me say this again, to uphold the authority of the United Nations we ignored the will of the UN and fought an unauthorised aggressive war contrary to key parts of the UN charter. I shall meerly say that this is so absurd an argument as to almost defy belief.

So with every cabinet minister now comitted to a series of lies as blatent as those above I am sorry but I just can not trust a word they say.

Thats one of my fetishes :o

You wear goatee beards ? :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

We have political parties purely to raise taxes from the people to enable the "State" to function. When I say The State I mean the "Establishment" from these taxes they fund the military, the intelligence agencies, the police and the infrostructure through which they control the populace.

You could say this sham of a democracy, one in which you have no "rights" enshrined in law, no protection from the State, The Royal Progative sees to that. Well what you actually get is the right to elect the tax collectors of your own choosing. Get sick of them elect the other lot, get sick of them ......get the picture...least ways it keeps you off the backs of the real powers that be.

Oh and yes your allowed to wade about in the trough and have your own little rackets going until your found out, or until "they" decide it's time for you to be found out.

Edited by Catch22

One Labour MP who really gets my back up is Patricia Hewitt. I saw her on breakfast TV the other day, she is so patronising and insincere. Her voice and facial expressions wind me up. She puts on a caring voice (not convincing), then ends her arguments by trying to be nice with a totally insincere smile on her face.......

Am I the only one who thinks this, do you all see what I mean?????

I'd never get tired of giving her a shoeing :ph34r:

But of course, I'd have to get a female to do it for me by proxy :angry:

Another one is Keith Vaz, that smug p r i c k thinks he can get away with anything, but if the press get on his case it's only because he's from an ethnic minority..............................