House Price Crash Forum

Rory Bremner - Right On The Money On Saturday And Sunday

HOLA441

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned these.

Did anyone see the sketch with Tony and Cherie trying to raise a 4M mortgage and declaring a little over 200K total income to their mortgage adviser? Hilarious. The last line went something like "He's the prime-minister for God sake. What's the point of doing all of this if at the end of it you haven't got a huge f**k off house to shove in people's faces!!!"

Secondly - the closing sketch - Bush applying for a national debt loan extension to 9 trillion USD. Typical Bremner-Bush impersonation "My - 9 trillion dollars - if I had a dollar for every one of those... I'd have... oh never mind." World's biggest cash point "Now, where did I put my pin number?" Who's financing the USA? Our old friends the Japanese to the tune of a cool 1.2 trillion, closely followed by the Chinese with a slightly less cool 300 billion. The problem with borrowing from the Chinese is that once you've borrowed 300 billion, half an hour later, you want another 300 billion. Worlds largest proletariat society funding the worlds biggest democracy... and they say the American's don't do irony. "Way I see it" says Bush, "If the world owes us 10 trillion dollars, it's their problem. And if we owe the world 10 trillion dollars, it's still their problem".

Fantastic.

:lol: Nearly wet myself!

HOLA442

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned these.

Did anyone see the sketch with Tony and Cherie trying to raise a 4M mortgage and declaring a little over 200K total income to their mortgage adviser? Hilarious. The last line went something like "He's the prime-minister for God sake. What's the point of doing all of this if at the end of it you haven't got a huge f**k off house to shove in people's faces!!!"

Secondly - the closing sketch - Bush applying for a national debt loan extension to 9 trillion USD. Typical Bremner-Bush impersonation "My - 9 trillion dollars - if I had a dollar for every one of those... I'd have... oh never mind." World's biggest cash point "Now, where did I put my pin number?" Who's financing the USA? Our old friends the Japanese to the tune of a cool 1.2 trillion, closely followed by the Chinese with a slightly less cool 300 billion. The problem with borrowing from the Chinese is that once you've borrowed 300 billion, half an hour later, you want another 300 billion. Worlds largest proletariat society funding the worlds biggest democracy... and they say the American's don't do irony. "Way I see it" says Bush, "If the world owes us 10 trillion dollars, it's their problem. And if we owe the world 10 trillion dollars, it's still their problem".

Fantastic.

Yes I'm also a Bremner Bird and Fortune fan, it was excellent. I was a bit disappointed with the week previous, the new series opening offering, but that is probably because I expect so much of them.

HOLA443
HOLA444

"Way I see it" says Bush, "If the world owes us 10 trillion dollars, it's their problem. And if we owe the world 10 trillion dollars, it's still their problem".

Fantastic.

and aren't we all going to find this one out the hard way...